Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-23-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
Kory
Kory began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color
PocketBook Inkpad Color (PB741)

I ordered one on the first day of was available on Amazon and received it yesterday.

It may not be the perfect color device, but it is still a significant upgrade for me over my Kindle Paperwhite (G1).

I've put a bunch of books on it and some magazines and I'm pleased with the look so far. I'm still learning the device.

I tried inserting a micro SD card with a capacity of 128gb (smallest I have) and it recognized it as only having 66mb. So I'll have to order 32gb card. Not that it is urgent. The settings day it has 14,074mb total with 13,069mb free.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210222_114906.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	185564  
Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:31 AM   #2
Nicolay77
Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PockeBook Inkpad Color
Great info, I am waiting to see if Kobo launches a similar device before I press the buy button.

Does it have an aligned justification setting?
Nicolay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2021, 10:52 AM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Try formating it FAT32.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:54 AM   #4
totasenior
totasenior began at the beginning.

Device: PB Inkpad 3 pro; PB Touch HD 3; Pocketbook Color
You can use SD cards larger than 32 GB

@Kory
I suggest you read the comments on the link here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=324501
totasenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
If you have time, I would like to see some pictures of color comics, pure text books, and also books with both color images and text.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #6
Nicolay77
Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PockeBook Inkpad Color
Another question

How is the .cbz / .cbr support?
Nicolay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #7
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
I tried inserting a micro SD card with a capacity of 128gb (smallest I have) and it recognized it as only having 66mb. So I'll have to order 32gb card. Not that it is urgent. The settings day it has 14,074mb total with 13,069mb free.
Windows will by default format everything larger than 32gb as exfat. Exfat is a file system that requires licensing, thus not available everywhere.

With Linux based readers, you have the option to format the sdcard as fat32 (you'll need 3rd party tools for that) or ext4 (a Linux based file system). fat32 is not optimized for such large sizes and you'll lose a lot of space just for the file managing part of the file system. Ext4 is optimized for large sizes and also better optimized for speed.

If you have the option (e.g. download a knoppix ISO to boot from it) you may be better off to format the sdcard from there using ext4 as file system. With the magic of MTP USB connections, you can still use Windows to fill up those GiB
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:59 PM   #8
Kory
Kory began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totasenior View Post
@Kory
I suggest you read the comments on the link here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=324501
Thank you, Tota! This worked a charm. My 128gb Samsung micro SD card works perfectly in my PB IP Color.
Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:56 PM   #9
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
If you have time, I would like to see some pictures of color comics, pure text books, and also books with both color images and text.
Hi,
Not exactly what you are asking for, but some pictures of the device in various situations.
https://imgur.com/a/nWKIWID

In my opinion it is not very good, it is not that it has "only" 4096 colors, and I do not expect something looking like a LCD, but it is really dull, and you see the "grid" of the color layer which has a lower resolution than the black layer. And this with good lightning. As the source light goes down, it gets worse.

So... If you are into mangas which have only the covers in color and all the contents in black and white, pick another inkpad like 3 or pro. My "old" 840 does a better job for those and for text.
If you want to see charts with a few colors etc. yeah it is ok for that.

I hope next generations of color eink screens will get better, now it is more a gadget than anything else.
That said, I like the device, but... it is too soon for eink color in my opinion.
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:29 PM   #10
texfan
texfan began at the beginning.

Smile

Hello everyone,

I have recently bought this charm, it accepts my 1tb microsd(Sandisk), as well as my 512 Gb microsd (Samsung), both are exfat formated for holding my comic books.

The color is awesome for a ereader as the Kaledo 2 is rocking. Does a quite decent rendering of the images for all my comic books which are less in size and for the books which are in size larger than 500 mb it takes sometime for initial load.

overall its a charm and must device for all comic readers.

Texfan.
texfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:04 AM   #11
shinjilestat
shinjilestat began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3 & Onyx Boox Note Air
Hello everyone,

Long time since I have been here.
For those who are interested, I have posted my Inkpad Color test online :

https://kurotimedesign.blogspot.com/...red-dream.html

shinjilestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #12
Cananas
Cananas began at the beginning.

Device: BQ Cervantes 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
I ordered one on the first day of was available on Amazon and received it yesterday.
Please, could you upload the Spanish user manual that is located in the manual folder of the internal memory?

I format by mistake the internal memory and I lost all the examples books and the manuals.

Tried restore the device to default, with no luck.

Thanks in advance.
Cananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:21 PM   #13
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cananas View Post
Please, could you upload the Spanish user manual that is located in the manual folder of the internal memory?
I guess it is the same.
https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...d_Color_ES.pdf
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:50 PM   #14
Rider71
Rider71 began at the beginning.

I would like to ask what the optimal setting is for the Kindel Comic Convater programme for the Pocketbook Inpad 3 Color for reading comics and manga?
Rider71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:50 PM   #15
Azatot
Azatot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Hi! Im waiting the mine ��
I would like to know if its possible to export the notes taken in a PDF.
I hope that It would a great device!!
Azatot is offline   Reply With Quote