Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-09-2021, 05:19 PM   #1
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
5.10.1 - viewer problem

Tried the Calibre e-viewer & cannot get a good "view". This is with the 64-bit 5.10.1; have never tried to read a book with Calibre.

The problem is that the book is selected, the cover shows up then pressing the up button, the cover picture shrinks to very small then the rest of the book pages are also the same size like a postage stamp.

Pressing the down button/arrow just goes to the previous page; no expansion.

I usually read with my tablets. Oh, the "book" tried is a manga in epub file format & don't know if this makes a difference with a 'real' epub book; will try after signing off.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:25 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
Tried the Calibre e-viewer & cannot get a good "view". This is with the 64-bit 5.10.1; have never tried to read a book with Calibre.

The problem is that the book is selected, the cover shows up then pressing the up button, the cover picture shrinks to very small then the rest of the book pages are also the same size like a postage stamp.

Pressing the down button/arrow just goes to the previous page; no expansion.

I usually read with my tablets. Oh, the "book" tried is a manga in epub file format & don't know if this makes a difference with a 'real' epub book; will try after signing off.
I cannot get 5.10.1 64-bit to shrink the cover. It just doesn't work for me.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2021, 05:27 PM   #3
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Just tried reading an ebook & the Calibre viewer works like it should. Looks like I just need to set my win10 laptop to use freda+ also.

Should a manga/comic shrink? or did I miss a setting somewhere? It is not an important problem to me as I would normally use a ereader app instead of the Calibre e-viewer.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's probably a fixed layout book, these are not supported in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote