Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2021, 06:05 AM   #1
thebeginning
thebeginning will become famous soon enoughthebeginning will become famous soon enoughthebeginning will become famous soon enoughthebeginning will become famous soon enoughthebeginning will become famous soon enoughthebeginning will become famous soon enough

Device: PW4
Sox Media Player v2 KUAL extension

This extension is based on already existing one, all credits goes to @dhdurgee.

The previous release was not really functional enough to be used daily so I decided to contribute too. This release is meant to be used with PW4 only cuz I was only able to test gst driver. I've dropped alsa support, but if there's someone who wants to test new features with alsa -- welcome to PM.

Update list:
  • Play all files in /music
  • Play any folder in /music
  • Instant (as it is possible) play/pause
  • Shuffle
  • Volume control
  • Forward (next track)

You will need to have python 3.9 installed, get it here.

Online radio was made optional and left basically as it was before. In case you need radio, download radio.txt and place it in /music folder, then reload the menu. Preserve the format (title;url) if you want to add yours.

Volume control is probably reliant on global setting. Set 100% in the extension, then go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceView > Volume and set comfortable setting there.

Playback stops when Kindle goes to deep sleep. If you know how to prevent Kindle from doing this then let me know.

This is a working concept, not a masterpiece. Feel free to report any issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2021_01_10T07_39_51+0000.png
Views:	888
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	184651   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2021_01_10T07_39_41+0000.png
Views:	687
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	184652  
Attached Files
File Type: zip sox_v2.zip (2.11 MB, 575 views)
thebeginning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #2
Dra_w
Night Owl
Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!Dra_w rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3; Kindle Voyage
Great job!
Dra_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2021, 01:26 PM   #3
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I'm glad to see work continue to make use of the audio capabilities of the PW4 for more general purposes than Audible books. Regarding ALSA support on other models, you might want to PM PoP as he was instrumental in getting that working on his PW3. He should be able to help you test things.

Dave
dhdurgee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
yparitcher
Connoisseur
yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 KT4 PW4 PW5
to prevent the screensaver/sleep try
Code:
lipc-set-prop -i com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
This comes from the Kual helper plugin
yparitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:00 AM   #5
buyifan43
Enthusiast
buyifan43 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW 4 and KT2
Is there anyway to add stereo sound support?

Last edited by buyifan43; 08-21-2021 at 09:25 AM.
buyifan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2021, 12:00 AM   #6
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
just tried it out on my PW4 - works great!

edit: online radio doesn't seem to work, but local mp3 files work fine
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #7
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusuri View Post
just tried it out on my PW4 - works great!

edit: online radio doesn't seem to work, but local mp3 files work fine
They changed the host name on streamtheworld from "provisioning" to "playerservices" some time after I created the original player. I suspect they will work if you edit radio.txt to make that correction.

Dave

PS: I can confirm online radio works after editing the host names as noted above.

Last edited by dhdurgee; 08-25-2022 at 10:07 PM.
dhdurgee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:24 PM   #8
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
Works on Kindle Oasis 3!!!
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 11:36 PM   #9
EL-S
EL-S began at the beginning.

Device: none
This works great on my PW4! It's nice being able to pause and resume too
EL-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:36 PM   #10
hanakomisa
Neon, she/her
hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hanakomisa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2,3,5, Fire HDX 7"
Confirmed working on my Paperwhite 5 on 5.14.2! The pause/resume is very much instant on the platform too, I guess that's just the PW5 having the most powerful SoC that the Kindles have yet.

Sound quality I do feel like has taken a noticable hit however, at least with the FLAC files I loaded on it. But then again this is playing from a Kindle.

Thanks for this!
hanakomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:57 AM   #11
Lorand
Lorand began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw5
Bluetooth problem

Great job! Works on PW5.
My problem is the following with my kindle pw5 after a while disconnects my headphone
Lorand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 08:39 AM   #12
Kindlebaby
Kindlebaby began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorand View Post
Great job! Works on PW5.
My problem is the following with my kindle pw5 after a while disconnects my headphone
Hello
You have the BT icon ? on your kindle ?
Because i have the 11th PW5 and no bluethooth activate
Kindlebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 08:45 AM   #13
Kindlebaby

I read that only USA and UK have BT option. So I changed the lagnue of the PW5 but nothing changed, I don't have a BT logo in my menu. Help?
Old 03-13-2023, 09:59 AM   #14
Kindlebaby

Ok i found how to enabled BT:
https://www.amazonforum.com/s/questi...s-not-detected
It's working
Old 03-13-2023, 04:02 PM   #15
Kindlebaby

Hello, I wonder if it would be possible to be able to play audio files, not via bluetooth but directly via USB-C connected to a headset. Has anyone ever thought of reading an audio book?

Tags
mp3, sox