Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
ururk
ururk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Workflow for auto-syncing to another device?

Every so often I’m out without my forma - I guess the size factor keeps me from bringing it everywhere I go - and want to continue where I left off reading. Are there any no-effort ways to accomplish this?

I can live without this functionality, but I suspect the Kindle ecosystem - or iBooks - would do this for me if I was a user of those platforms, but I’m not. I use calibre and the kobo plugin to manage my books.

I would probably want to read on my iPhone, if I was able to do some sort of automatic wireless sync.

Last edited by ururk; 12-31-2020 at 06:40 PM.
ururk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo only syncs details about purchased books. If you are reading one either on an ereader or app, it will sync the reading status at different times. The only thing required is a working WiFi connection on the device and network access on the phone.

One of the alternative reader apps on the device might work. I think KOReader has a way to sync reading status somewhere, but, I don't use it so I have never looked at this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2020, 08:00 PM   #3
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Not only purchased books, OverDrive too. I think all books except sideloaded ones should sync.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:11 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Not only purchased books, OverDrive too. I think all books except sideloaded ones should sync.
You should be able to sync Overdrive eBooks to the app as long as you downloaded the Overdrive eBooks using the Overdrive feature of your Forma.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:28 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
In that case, use the Kobo app on the phone and sign in with the same account. All the books that come from the Kobo store (that includes Overdriver book f borrowed sing the OD account connected to you ereader) will be there and the reading status will sync.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert