Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-23-2020, 06:45 AM   #1
loic2000
loic2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Generation
Convert Newspaperat the epub format to Kindle "Periodical" format

Hi all,

I have a Kindle 10th generation and Calibre. I was wondering if there is a way for me to convert the epub of a newspaper into a mobi file for my kindle at the "periodical" format .

I looked into several posts on this forum or on stackoverflow but they are more than 6 years old and was wondering if there was new ways of doing this?

I managed to convert my epub into "Books" by adding the tag EBOK, I was wondering if something similar existed for the "periodicals"?

I attached an example of epub I would like to convert.

Thank you,

Loïc
Attached Files
File Type: epub Le-Monde-diplomatique-2020-12.epub (6.23 MB, 169 views)
loic2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No you have to download in mobi format.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
loic2000
loic2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No you have to download in mobi format.
Thank you for your quick reply. Once I convert the epub in mobi and upload it on my Kindle with Calibre, is there a way to make the mobi file recognized by the Kindle as "periodical"?
loic2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 11:16 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isnt.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, periodical