Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #1
utterances
utterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle Oasis
[Icon] Modern Mac theme based on SF Symbols

Hi Calibre community!
Long time user finally trying my hands at some design. I've attempted an icon pack to make Calibre look more at home on modern macOS designs, by using glyphs from SF Symbols.

I've try to translate the iconography with a lot of inspiration from Nicholas' Highlights theme. Most are monochrome with a dash of colour to consistently indicate states and actions. See examples below:

About more than half of the glyphs are directly from SF Symbols and coloured, the remaining I made to match the design language. SF Symbols are licensed for used on Apple platforms, I don't see they give guidance on how it's used outside Mac. The rest of glyphs I made are Creative Commons (CC BY-NC).

this is just a first draft, I didn't cover plugins, feedback and request are welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 12.45.58 PM.png
Views:	342
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	183623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 12.47.32 PM.png
Views:	341
Size:	383.1 KB
ID:	183626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 12.48.23 PM.png
Views:	302
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	183627  
Attached Files
File Type: zip modern_mac_1.zip (536.9 KB, 349 views)

Last edited by utterances; 11-27-2020 at 01:56 PM.
utterances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Thanks, am sure will be appreciated by mac users. Have made it available via calibre's Change icon theme function.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2020, 12:18 AM   #3
utterances
utterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the roughutterances is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle Oasis
rename / darkmode update

thanks for adding it to the feed! Sorry you might have to update it soon.

I'm renaming it to avoid any trademark issues, now it's called San Francisco , and San Francisco Night for dark mode people. I should've avoided the Mac name earlier...

p.s. I was gonna edit the initial post but can't find the edit button??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 11.15.02 PM.png
Views:	316
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	183708  
Attached Files
File Type: zip san_francisco_1.zip (532.5 KB, 295 views)
File Type: zip san_francisco_night_1.zip (541.6 KB, 297 views)
utterances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:25 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The edit button is suppressed for new users as an Anti-Spam tool. There is some formula the board uses and then it will allow PM, edits.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:17 PM   #5
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Thanks for the theme. I hope someday calibre may offer the ability to dynamically change icons on light/dark mode switch. If you also made the night mode theme, I think you notice that each set is distinguishable only when in a particular mode -- difficult to read otherwise --, thus when switching modes that many of us do daily, one then needs to switch theme. In the meantime, before calibre offers such if it someday does, alternatives? Maybe some script that copies the files to some folder and then restarts calibre? I haven't looked, possible auto run applescript on system mode change?
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert