Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil-1.4.2 Released with Another Critical Fix

Sigil-1.4.2

Sigil-1.4.2 represents another critical bug fix release meant to immediately replace Sigil 1.4.0 and Sigil-1.4.1. It has all the features of the original Sigil 1.4.0 including new icon themes and multiple language spell checking.

Bug Fixes Since Sigil-1.4.0
  • critical bug fix for OPF metadata attributes that use named entities
  • fix bug in "Add Existing" files when file names would require percent encoding
  • fix bug in multiple language spellchecking dialog word lookup when no language attributes used
  • update de, nl, sv, ko, ru translations that missed the Sigil 1.4.0 initial release
  • critical bug fix for *over* xml encoding html used inside metadata in the opf
  • Revert ctrl-f to it long standing Find and Replace behaviour

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.

Mac users should still download and install ActiveState's ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.
Mac users should also check out the wiki entry on the New Release File Format

The latest Sigil user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository.

PGP Fingerprint

The binary downloads (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of The Sigil Github Release page.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:54 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reserved in Case of Future Announcements:

This will hopefully be the last release of the Sigil-1.4.X series. Two earlier bug fixes had impacts outside the "fix" itself that we did not detect until after 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 were released.

We have pulled the release assets for Sigil-1.40 and Sigil-1.4.1 from github.

If you are using either Sigil-1.4.0 or Sigil-1.4.1, we strongly urge you to upgrade to Sigil-1.4.2.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-21-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Advert
Old 11-21-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Getting back to the Windows waiting spinny cursor, with Sigil 1.42 I've managed to reproduce it multiple times using the Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm tool.

Basically, it's an epub 3 ebook where most of the xhtml files start with:

Code:
<html><head>
though rather oddly about 13 of the 37 xhtml files do have the xml and doctype lines.

After I click OK on the "Are you sure you want to restructure this epub?" popup, I get a Restructure cancelled: part00xx.xhtml, XML not well formed. After I click OK on that popup, the spinny cursor remains until I close Sigil. Oddly, when I close the epub without saving changes, the part00xx.xhtml is not the same each time I was running this test.

Running Mend and Prettify adds the xml and doctype lines which fixes the issue. I do not have Mend Not Well Formed HTML enabled for Open or Save.

Again an annoyance not a show stopper.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer

On Restructure we do set the Qt Wait cursor. The reason you are seeing different files being listed is that a well-formed check is run on all files at once (using multiple threads) and the first error (which depends on which threads run before others) determines the error message.

I will take a look at the code to make sure that aborting the restructure properly restores the Qt cursor.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer

@DNSB,
Yes, there are code paths that do not restore the override cursor in that routine. I will fix these for the next release.
Advert
Old 11-21-2020, 06:07 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Thanks. As I said, an annoyance so no worries about how long before the next release.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:38 AM   #7
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Updated to version 1.4.2 as suggested but I am still getting this warning on every book I open.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1606037826

I don't recall seeing this prior to 1.4.0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	183520  
Old 11-22-2020, 04:44 AM   #8
nzdeni
nzdeni began at the beginning.

Device: none
Am loving the latest release. Only issue so far is that initially renaming pages using <ctrl><alt><r> did not work. This can be resolved by fixing the conflict in the shortcuts area via the preferences menu. The catch? Users will need to realise there is a conflict.

I'm assuming this will get fixed in a future release. When users right click to rename a file, the listed shortcut is <ctrl><alt><r> so it is quite important that this works correctly
Old 11-22-2020, 05:01 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Updated to version 1.4.2 as suggested but I am still getting this warning on every book I open.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1606037826

I don't recall seeing this prior to 1.4.0
Because every book you open is probably missing doctypes in the html. This has been discussed. It's not a bug.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:13 AM   #10
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Because every book you open is probably missing doctypes in the html. This has been discussed. It's not a bug.
Thanks, I will ignore the warning and let Sigil fix it.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #11
KevinH
Sigil Developer

The preferences for keyboard shortcuts were not changed since 1.3.0. Did you create that conflict in your sigil.ini file?

In fact, back when we added the RegularExpressionRenamer RERenamer to BookBrowser there was briefly a duplicate shortcut key set. This may have been saved in your sigil.ini file depending on it you used the Keyboard Shortcut Preferences. But new users without a sigil.ini files should not be seeing this issue unless there is another conflict someplace that I am not aware of.

If so, please let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdeni View Post
Am loving the latest release. Only issue so far is that initially renaming pages using <ctrl><alt><r> did not work. This can be resolved by fixing the conflict in the shortcuts area via the preferences menu. The catch? Users will need to realise there is a conflict.

I'm assuming this will get fixed in a future release. When users right click to rename a file, the listed shortcut is <ctrl><alt><r> so it is quite important that this works correctly

Last edited by KevinH; 11-22-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:13 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Thanks, I will ignore the warning and let Sigil fix it.
If you click 'Yes' on the warning dialog and save the epub, you won't have any warning to ignore the next time you open that epub.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:05 PM   #13
Ashjuk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If you click 'Yes' on the warning dialog and save the epub, you won't have any warning to ignore the next time you open that epub.
Thanks, I have been doing that and, as you say, it fixes the problem.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:35 AM   #14
Fozzie Bear
Fozzie Bear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Bug in Sigil 1.4.1 und Sigil 1.4.2 ??

Hello everyone
my English is unfortunately not so good, so I entered the whole thing via a translator, may I be forgiven.

I don't know if only I have the problem or if this is a general error in Sigil 1.4.1 and 1.4.2.
When I clean the HTML files with the function „Tools -> Reformat HTML -> Mend and Prettify All HTML.
After saving the book, it cannot be opened with the Calbre Reader and the Calibre editor.
The entire structure appears to be being destroyed.
Wasn't the case with 1.3.0, because I've reinstalled that now. and tried it out.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:38 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
Hello everyone
my English is unfortunately not so good, so I entered the whole thing via a translator, may I be forgiven.

I don't know if only I have the problem or if this is a general error in Sigil 1.4.1 and 1.4.2.
When I clean the HTML files with the function „Tools -> Reformat HTML -> Mend and Prettify All HTML.
After saving the book, it cannot be opened with the Calbre Reader and the Calibre editor.
The entire structure appears to be being destroyed.
Wasn't the case with 1.3.0, because I've reinstalled that now. and tried it out.
No issues in that regard here.

I took a sampling of epubs (some problematic and some "normal") and verified that all could be viewed and edited with Calibre 5. Then I opened each of them with Sigil and did a "Mend & Prettify All HTML Files" and resaved each of them. This resulted in no structure being lost or destroyed, and all of the epubs were still able to be viewed/read and edited with Calibre. I tested on both Windows and Linux. Old and new versions of Calibre

So whatever is happening on your end must be related to something about a particular epub, or a particular Sigil (or calibre) setting.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-25-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Closed Thread