Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 10-16-2020, 02:58 AM   #1
Thirteen OBD
Thirteen OBD began at the beginning.

Device: Windows PC
page (screen) turning by random lengths..

i'm on windows 10 pc and recently intalled the latest calibre 5.3..but with all the calibre versions after 4.23.0, i'm having the same navigation problem in the viewer..pages or screens are turning wrongly..sometimes skipping a page when i'm trying to go 1 page ahead or back..

i saw only one post regarding this..so not sure if the problem is with my installation or what..but when i uninstall the new versions and reinstall 4.23.0 again, it goes away..

please help.. :/
Thirteen OBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How are you turning pages? And are you in paged mode or flow mode in the viewer?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2020, 03:06 AM   #3
Thirteen OBD

i generally turn by 'space' but i tried to use other options and it happens for all of them..arrow keys, mouse scroll..
i'm in paged mode..
Old 10-16-2020, 03:09 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd. Can you try it by converting some book to txt format and then viewing that, to make sure it is not something specific to the books you are viewing.
Old 10-16-2020, 03:14 AM   #5
Thirteen OBD

converted to txt from epub..still happening.. :/
the flow mode works fine by the way..
Advert
Old 10-16-2020, 03:18 AM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Do you use keyboard navigation to turn pages? I had that issue and it turned out that cat hair somehow got under my keys.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-16-2020 at 03:23 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:18 AM   #7
Thirteen OBD

okay, i checked again and it happens only when i try to go backwards..

like it will go from 6 to 4, not 5..
Old 10-16-2020, 03:20 AM   #8
Thirteen OBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Do you use keyboard navigation to turn pages? I had that issue and it turned out that cat hair somehow got under my keys.
no..fortunately that's not the case..everything else is working alright..
Old 10-16-2020, 03:33 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You cant be going backwards with the spacebar, so is this with arrow keys?
Old 10-16-2020, 03:42 AM   #10
Thirteen OBD

yeah..i meant spacebar for forwards, before i checked again..sorry for misunderstanding..

i go backwards by backspace or left & up arrow keys, and by upwards mouse scroll..all of these are taking me 2 pages backwards when i press (or scroll) once..
Old 10-16-2020, 03:50 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Are you showing two pages on the screen?
Old 10-16-2020, 03:59 AM   #12
Thirteen OBD

no..1 page..in paged mode.. :/

and it works fine if i go back to version 4.23.0..
Old 10-16-2020, 04:02 AM   #13
Thirteen OBD

thanks so much for quick replies btw..
Old 10-16-2020, 04:06 AM   #14
Thirteen OBD

no..1 page..in paged mode.. :/
and it works fine if i go back to version 4.23.0..

it's like this..if i go forward, it goes from page 5 to 6 fine..but if i go backwards, it goes from 5 to 3..

Last edited by Thirteen OBD; 10-16-2020 at 04:11 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:23 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm have to say I'm at a loss.