Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #1
JeanDolphin
JeanDolphin began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, galaxy tab
Microsoft word to EPUB conversion Index link issue

I really like the feature where the index can link to specific document section, however it looks during the conversion process, the items in the index are not properly identify. I think this may be a setting issuer or but, which I don't know how to fix manually.

The way index works in Word, example

A
apple, 3
all, 5
aruba, 7

so basically what Calibre does during the conversion, it removes the comma and the page number so user can simply click on specific item and link to the document section which is nice. However, the conversion does not work 100%. The links work fine, not the identification all the time. For example in my document, I have some tags

like my index in word

A
apple PL-2, 3
all PL-5, 5
aruba PL-10, 7

After the conversion in Calibre, I should have something like this, because everything that is removed is the comma and the number after it which is the page number

A
apple PL-2
all PL-5
aruba PL-10

However, after the conversion some of them look goods while some other don't. For example, in some parts of the document, it works fine not for some other parts

for example, my output look like

A
apple PL-2
all PL-
PL-10

I wonder is there a way to change the setting to even preventing from remove the page number, just leave the index the way it is and simply link to specific section.

Nice feature I really like, but does not work for me

Any fix or change setting?
JeanDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Attach a sample docx showing the issue.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #3
JeanDolphin

See the example from the attached image

calibre index to the left, word index to the right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibretestindex.png
Views:	100
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	182785  
Old 10-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #4
JeanDolphin

As you can see, the items in Calibre are not properly indexed as compared to Word and some items are missed from the index