Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-15-2020, 01:06 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Plugins and Updated Python

Hi BetterRed

I notice you seem to be maintaining the list of Plugins converted to work the updated version of Python.

Just a quick question if you have the info. Is there a list which shows which Plugins being worked on and which are not?

I ask because there are some plugins not yet shown as updated that I and others use a lot. The unfortunate thing is that some plugin authors may rarely if ever log on to Mobileread any more.

I can already see the complaints of some members who find a favorite plugin does not work with the updated version of Python. Such lists would mean people had been warned.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:56 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No there is no such list, below is a list of plugins that have not, as far as I know, been converted to Py3.

If people post a list of plugins they 'need', then I'll consolidate the lists at the end of the week and PM the authors.

I'll strike them out of this post as people post their lists

BR

GUI Plugins
Annotations
APNX Generator
BBC GoodFood Recipe Reader
BigOven Recipe Reader
Cleaning Comments
Clean Metadata
Clipboard Search
DJVU Maker
Ex Libris
Food Network Recipe Reader
Hymn Reader
Hyphenate This!
Kobo Utilities
Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List
Medical Reader
Modify ePub
OPML Importer
Prince PDF
Quick Preferences
Recipe Reader
Recoll Full Text Search
Resize Cover
Save To Format
Search The Internet
Send by RSYNC
Similar Stories
Sony PRS-T1 notes plugin
Sort By Last Viewed
Unplugged
Wikidata GUI
X-Ray Creator

Metadata Source Plugins:
ADLIBRIS_NO
ADLIBRIS_SE
Amazon.com Multiple Countries
Kindle High-res Covers
ANOBII
Anobii-Fetcher
Antikvarium_hu
Barnes & Noble
Beam Ebooks
Biblionet.gr
BiblioNETka.pl
catawiki
Databazeknih
Fantastic Fiction
Fantastic Fiction Adults
FictionDB
Goodreads
Goodreads More Tags
Goodreads_rating
INMONDADORI
Libri_hu
LubimyCzytac
Martinus.sk
Moly_hu
MondoUrania
Public.gr
Smashwords
Webscription
Wikidata

Metadata Reader Plugins:
Read MP3 AudioBook metadata

Device Plugins:
KyBook3 Sync
Medion OYO Device Interface

Conversion Input Plugins:
Language Cleaner
DOC Input

Editor Plugins:
Traditional & Simplified Chinese Converter

File Type Plugins:
GetFileName

Store Plugins:
Adlibris.se
Bokus
Bokon.se
CDON

Last edited by BetterRed; Yesterday at 06:59 AM. Reason: Strike Smashwords -
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2020, 04:58 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Plugins I need to be Version 5 compliant

Modify ePub
GetFileName

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:13 AM   #4
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Plugins I need to be Version 5 compliant:
EpubCheck
Goodreads
Fantastic Fiction
FictionDB
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:22 AM   #5
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Modify Epub
Search The Internet
Kindle High-Res Covers
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2020, 06:45 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
The plugins I use from the list are...

Hyphenate This!
Kobo Utilities
EpubCheck
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:00 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Modify ePub
GetFileName

BR
GetFileName... I will help
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:34 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

EpubCheck is said to be Python 3 compatible.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=97
Old 09-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #9
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Plugins Not mentioned by others that I use are:-

Cleaning Comments
Resize Cover
Search The Internet
Fantastic Fiction
Fantastic Fiction Adults

Thank You
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:37 AM   #10
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'll update Cleaning Comments too (davidfor has already done it, really, but strange summer, so I haven't uploaded and tested yet)
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Has Kobo Utilities been updated?
Old 09-15-2020, 10:59 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Search The Internet
This was updated at the beginning of the month. Are you saying it doesn't work with the Python 3 beta?
Quote:
Fantastic Fiction
Fantastic Fiction Adults
I did these a while ago. Apparently I forget to release them. That probably means that I have a couple of others to release as well. I'll try and get them out over the weekend.

In the original list:
  • Kobo Utilities - was updated in February.
  • Unplugged - is working with no changes.
  • EpubCheck - was updated in July
  • Kindle High-Res Covers - there is a version of this posted near the end of it's thread that is working for me.

For the record, I think the best way to get this done is for someone who actually uses the plugin to post the request in the plugins thread. The author should get notified of the post and if they aren't here much, may come back. If they don't come back, it at least tells the developers who are around, which plugins people are interested in and hence might need some attention. Personally, I don't find these lists very useful. But, which plugin threads are are first in the thread list do get my attention.

And the plugins I haven't released above are examples of this. Looking at them, I updated them within a few days of the original Python 3 announcement. I didn't release them then as there was no hurry, and I wanted to see if other changes were needed. Most of the plugins that I have released Python 3 versions of are ones that have needed other changes, or someone explicitly asked about.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

@davidfor, thank you very much for your help in updating plugins for Calibre 5.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:02 AM   #14
ownedbycats
Fanatic
ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ownedbycats is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I know the author of Cleaning Comments stated intention of updating. Well as both Cleaning Comments and Sort By Last Viewed have similar functionalities in Job Spy.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:14 AM   #15
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Lg 8.3, Ipad Pro & Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus68 View Post
Plugins I need to be Version 5 compliant:
EpubCheck
Goodreads
Fantastic Fiction
FictionDB
Me, too.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote