Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura One
No new model in 2020?

We're in September and we only got the Nia... Is it a safe assumption that we're not getting a new model in 2020? I was waiting to change my Aura One, it looks like the Forma 2018 is the only option right? Thanks!
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:36 AM   #2
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O; RealMe X2 Pro
The Nia was released in 2020, wasn't it? That means it IS "a new model in 2020".
Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2020, 12:26 PM   #3
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipseMercador can illuminate an eclipse

I should have said "another"
Old 09-09-2020, 12:55 PM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
I should have said "another"
Thanks for the clarification - I was wondering whether time had gone all wibbly wobbly and the Nia actually came out in 2019. Two new models in one calendar year would be unusual, would it not?
Old 09-09-2020, 12:59 PM   #5
Mercador
I'm not a number!

Nah, there's generally two revisions each year... And since there's been two years after the Forma release, I was hoping for an Aura One Two (!!) This fall.
Advert
Old 09-09-2020, 01:11 PM   #6
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
I guess it's COVID. There have been no new Kindles either this year.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #7
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Nah, there's generally two revisions each year...
What were Kobo's two new models last year? The Libra and ? In 2018, there was the Forma and ?
Old 09-09-2020, 01:29 PM   #8
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That puts Kobo ahead, since it has released a brand new model this year.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Nah, there's generally two revisions each year... And since there's been two years after the Forma release, I was hoping for an Aura One Two (!!) This fall.
Already been 3 Aura models. sheeesh give it a break
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #10
Mercador
I'm not a number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Well, not an Aura one, but at least a flagship one (or do we say top of the line?).
Old 09-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #11
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

FWIW, this wikipedia page has 5 years out of the last 10 with two models released, and 5 with only one. So having only one this year is far from unusual

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobo_e...gical_Overview
Old 09-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #12
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
That puts Kobo ahead, since it has released a brand new model this year.
You're giving Kobo a bit too much credit. The Nia is no more than a re-badged Tolino Page 2 which came out last year.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:22 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
There's only been one Aura ONE which, at 7.8", is quite a bit different than the other Auras. I, personally don't think an Aura ONE 2 is ever coming out (having been replaced by the Forma) but there seems to be a fairly large contingent of Aura ONE users who don't like the Forma — so I guess it's possible.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:26 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
But unless Amazon seriously revises the firmware, there would be nothing special about a new Kindle unless they came out with a 10.3" screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:36 PM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But unless Amazon seriously revises the firmware, there would be nothing special about a new Kindle unless they came out with a 10.3" screen.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote