Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
4.20 Code window and preview not syncing

Windows 10 64-bit Calibre 4.20

When I click in the code window, the preview does not sync. I can click in the preview windows and it does sync with the code window. There is no problem in 4.19.

I hope this is an easy fix. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me and there were no changes to this in 4.20. Make sure you have the toggle button for syncing pressed below th epreview panel.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Works for me and there were no changes to this in 4.20. Make sure you have the toggle button for syncing pressed below th epreview panel.
Just to add a bit more fuel ... I've experienced non-sync of Code to Preview myself. It's not new in 4.20.

The circumstances are very specific and I don't know whether the following scenario describes what JSWolf was reporting:

When cycling through a search match by match:

- if the next 'Find' is located in the current HTML file then Code/Preview stay sync'ed.

- if the next 'Find' needs to open a new HTML file then Code is positioned at this match but Preview still shows top of file.

- if the next 'Find' needs to move to a new HTML file, but the new HTML file is already open, then Code/Preview stay sync'ed.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:54 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Just to add a bit more fuel ... I've experienced non-sync of Code to Preview myself. It's not new in 4.20.

The circumstances are very specific and I don't know whether the following scenario describes what JSWolf was reporting:

When cycling through a search match by match:

- if the next 'Find' is located in the current HTML file then Code/Preview stay sync'ed.

- if the next 'Find' needs to open a new HTML file then Code is positioned at this match but Preview still shows top of file.

- if the next 'Find' needs to move to a new HTML file, but the new HTML file is already open, then Code/Preview stay sync'ed.
Yes, I was searching. I was searching to fix some of the mess made by whoever made the eBook. And yes, it did open a different HTML and the preview did not sync and did stay at the top. But when I specifically clicked in the code window, the preview window did not change.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@jackie_w: Ah the initial sync on open issue, this should take care fo it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...5872951ea7006b
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
@jackie_w: Ah the initial sync on open issue, this should take care fo it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...5872951ea7006b
Thanks! I do hope this fixes things.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:06 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
I did a quick test in run from source. That does seem to have done the trick for the scenario I detailed. Thanks.

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem JSWolf reported before the fix so I can't really say anything about that.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:44 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've run into this, but because I don't use the editor to do a lot of actual editing, and it hadn't been reported, I assumed it was a just-me problem.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote