Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-18-2020, 03:54 AM   #1
Bookprincess
Bookprincess began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Unhappy Kindle update removed my book covers ;-;

Hi! Help
My Kindle, which is usually on airplane mode, got itself updated yesterday. And now for some reason all the books I've transferred since MARCH don't have covers on my Kindle ;-;
I can't just delete and transfer them again, I have lots of notes on them I can't lose!!!
Please tell me you know how to fix this
Bookprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:19 AM   #2
Bookprincess

Oh sorry, it was updated into Kindle 5.12.5 version, if that helps.
Advert
Old 06-18-2020, 05:06 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no way to recover lost covers without resending the books. See he calibre FAQ for details.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:27 AM   #4
Bookprincess

Hi, thank you for replying.
Oh nooooo
Is there a way to save the notes in the books then? (So they'll also appear in the new books?)
Old 06-18-2020, 05:50 AM   #5
Bookprincess

Please? It's very very important...(I feel like crying here)
Most of the coverless books I can resend no problem, but I have about 21 books with notes I really can't lose! (And it's too many notes per book to transfer manually...)
Please help me ;-;
Advert
Old 06-18-2020, 06:10 AM   #6
Bookprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is no way to recover lost covers without resending the books. See he calibre FAQ for details.
Update:
I resent a book and it saved my notes! (sorry for flooding, it didn't let me delete the previous comments)
But. The cover was removed again if the device is not on airplane mode. So just resending doesn't fully solve the problem...(if it'll happen all over again the second I take it off airplane mode). Any ideas?
Old 06-18-2020, 06:23 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookprincess View Post
Update:
I resent a book and it saved my notes! (sorry for flooding, it didn't let me delete the previous comments)
But. The cover was removed again if the device is not on airplane mode. So just resending doesn't fully solve the problem...(if it'll happen all over again the second I take it off airplane mode). Any ideas?
Keep WiFi off is your only solution that fully works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:37 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-generic-cover
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That means this cover bug could still be an issue with the PW3 since the PW3 only goes up to 5.12.4.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 05:23 AM   #10
markvdvelde
Connoisseur
markvdvelde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookprincess View Post
Is there a way to save the notes in the books then?
Are you on a Mac? In that case there is a great way to save your highlights. I don't know if it works for notes because I hardly make notes on my Kindle.
markvdvelde is offline   Reply With Quote