Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 10:35 PM   #1
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: iPad
How to do an "semi-offline" install on Linux?

Hi! I want to install calibre on a CentOS/RHEL 7 Linux system (accessing the UI via X from another machine).

On the Linux system I cannot download large files. (I do have internet, but not for large files.)
  1. So I thought I download the calibre-4.10.1-x86_64.txz archive somewhere else and transfer it via local network to a folder on the Linux machine.

How can I tell the installer linux-installer.sh to use this local archive file instead of downloading it from the internet? In the installer script I found the environment variable CALIBRE_INSTALLER_LOCAL_URL - can I set that to a normal file path (like "/my/path/to/calibre.txz")
  2. Also will the installer download other big files subsequently? How can I find out which ones?
Not sure whether this is the right sub-forum, so please let me know if it is wrong here.
halloleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
just follwo the instructions on the download page for manual binary install
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2020, 02:00 AM   #3
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

@kovidgoyal Thanks for the pointer!

I just followed the instructions using calibre-4.11.2-x86_64.txz. However the last step

Code:
sudo /opt/calibre/calibre_postinstall
gives me the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 75, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/startup.py", line 204, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/icu.py", line 30, in <module>
RuntimeError: Failed to load icu with error: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /opt/calibre/lib/libicui18n.so.64)
I have a libstdc++.so.6 in /usr/lib64. My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set, but even when I set it in the sudo command like

Code:
sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64 /opt/calibre/calibre_postinstall
I get the error.

How can I fix this?
Old 02-25-2020, 04:13 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

your glibc version is too old, look on the download page where the version requirements are mentioned.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #5
halloleo
Groupie

It's CentOS 7! But if this is too old, is there a way to update the glibc?
Advert
Old 02-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Centos 7 is 6 years old. And no I would not recommend updating libc update the entire distro to centos 8
Old 02-25-2020, 10:58 PM   #7
halloleo
Groupie

Fair enough. Thanks for the info.

Tags
centos, download, install, linux