Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2020, 09:02 PM   #1
ctop
Connoisseur
ctop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and gracectop herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: zaurus->palm->iPad->Sony PRS-T1,T2,T3->Kobo Forma&Likebook Ares
Running dropbox sync from within KOReader?

Hi there,
I recently switched to a Kobo Forma (a big upgrade from my Sony) and settled into using KOReader for my reading. However, I find the Dropbox syncing within KOReader is crashing, and also I would like to still be able to read the synced files with the stock reader, if that turns out to be necessary, so I would like to use the syncing that can be set up on Kobo. What I am doing now to get new books is: (1) leaving KOReader, (2) initiating refresh & download on the Kobo UI and then (3) go back to KOReader.

Since this is a bit cumbersome, I was wondering if I could issue the sync command somehow from within KOReader? It seems to even have a terminal after all, but what is the command?

Any help appreciated,

Ctop
ctop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Open an issue on KOReader's GitHub with more details (and a crash log) about the dropbox crash.

Because there's approximately a 0% chance of being able to piggy-back on Nickel's own syncing. Because it's no longer running .

(Running a random script that may happen to do a sync (i.e., rclone), yes, that's been sitting on my TODO list for a while now, but that's it).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert