Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Firmware 13.2.0 removed

Tolino has had issues with firmware 13.2.0 and have pulled it -- it will be replaced with 13.2.1.

For now they've reverted back to 12.2.0 for all of the older Tolinos (except the original Shine) and 13.1.1 for the three newest Tolinos.

From their website...

Quote:
Customer information soflware update 13.2.0

With the tolino eReader software version 13.2.0, in some cases problems might occur. If the time span between turning the pages is rather long, this can lead to a restart of the device.

The tolino customer service has therefore decided to withdraw this software version for the time being. We are currently working on an optimized software version 13.2.1, which we will make available to the affected customers first and then via the usual update process for all tolino eReaders

Until then, affected customers are recommended to use the following interim solution:
Set the device to sleep mode for at least one minute (briefly press the power button). The problem should then no longer occur until the next restart.
I haven't had any trouble on my Page or Vision 4 HD with 13.2.0, but I figured something was up when it told me my Shine 2 and Epos were "already using the newest firmware" shortly after upgrading the Vision 4.

(Personally I would suggest that "affected customers" revert back to 12.2.0 for now -- if they're having trouble.)

Last edited by rcentros; 12-13-2019 at 09:16 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
Tuneraider
Connoisseur
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle, Tolino, Nook
It's out now for the newest ereaders.
Tuneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2019, 09:18 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuneraider View Post
It's out now for the newest ereaders.
I'm still seeing 13.1.1 for the newest models.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
Tuneraider
Connoisseur
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My bad.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
My bad.
Nothing bad. It's just an odd coincidence. I was surprised to see 13.1.1 come back for the new Tolinos. I figured they were settled in on 13.2.0. I'm guessing this was the issue with Shine 3 when trying to use 13.2.0 on it and it was turning pages very slowly. I haven't had any issues with the Page or the Vision, however.

If anyone still wants to download 13.2.0, the links in the "What is wrong with this pic?" thread are still good. I'm half tempted to do that.
Advert
Old 12-18-2019, 11:51 AM   #6
Tuneraider
Connoisseur

https://mytolino.com/software-updates/

It's showing 13.2.0 available again for the newest Tolinos.

On the earliest Vision it also shows a 13.2.0 to 12.2.0.
May be a misprint or a fix?

Last edited by Tuneraider; 12-18-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
https://mytolino.com/software-updates/

It's showing 13.2.0 available again for the newest Tolinos.

On the earliest Vision it also shows a 13.2.0 to 12.2.0.
May be a misprint or a fix?
No, I don't think it's a misprint. Looks like they're reverting back to the old groupings. The Vision (1, original) had been separate from the other Visions (2-4) from when they first started "grouping" the different models and it looks like it's back to that (at least for now). Apparently the "one size fits all" didn't work. I wonder if that means the Vision 1 is permanently stuck at 12.2.0? (Heck, maybe the others are stuck as well.) If anyone still wants to try 13.2.0 on other devices, the links in this thread still work...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=324981&page=3

I've still got 13.2.0 on my Page (original) and my Vision 4 HD and they both seem to be working fine.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #8
Tuneraider
Connoisseur

13.2.0 would freeze on the Vision 3 occasionally when turning pages and Home button was the only thing that wasn't frozen. I bought a Shine 2 from GoodyStore and it didn't seem to freeze on it. Pages seemed to turn faster.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:25 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
13.2.0 would freeze on the Vision 3 occasionally when turning pages and Home button was the only thing that wasn't frozen. I bought a Shine 2 from GoodyStore and it didn't seem to freeze on it. Pages seemed to turn faster.
I tried 13.2.0 on a Shine 3 and it definitely locked up on that device. So it looks like it's hit or miss. I'm guessing they'll get it sorted out sooner or later. Meanwhile the Page seems to like it just fine but I beginning to think the Vision 4 is a little slower than it was under 12.2.0 (not bad but noticeable) — it seems to depend on the book. I may be changing that one back for now.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #10
syracusa
syracusa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Easter eggs

I found today two interesting things on my Epos 2:

First, go to Advanced settings and tap fast a few times (beat 6-8 times with fingers) the Advanced settings caption at the top. You get a new setting: epub rendering engine, Auto, RMSDK or Readium
The second: make the same at the time, you can enadle and disble the performance logging. Watch the bottom of the screen for the message.
syracusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

13.2.1 is scheduled for early 2020. Apparently this issue also affects the newest Tolinos. (I didn't know that.) At this point the following message is not on the English site. Via Google translate from MyTolino.de...

Quote:
Software updates for your tolino eReader

With the tolino eReader software version 13.2.0, the so-called touch driver is unfortunately not properly initialized after the restart in rare exceptional cases. If there is a large interval between turning the pages, instabilities may occur in some cases and the device may restart.

The tolino customer service has therefore decided not to use this software version for the time being. We are currently working intensively on an optimized software version 13.2.1, which we will make available to the affected customers at the beginning of 2020 and then to all tolino eReaders via the usual update process.

Until then, we recommend using the following interim solution:

For tolino epos 2, tolino vision 5 and tolino page 2:

Put the device into sleep mode for at least one minute (press the power button briefly).
The instabilities should then no longer occur until the next restart.

All other tolino eReaders:

A downgrade to software version 12.2.0 is provided for these devices. The problem does not occur with this software.
https://mytolino.de/software-updates/
Old 01-28-2020, 09:36 AM   #12
syracusa

My Epos 2 said just 5 mins ago that 13.2.1 fw released.
No info about this update on the sites (.com and .de)
Old 01-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #13
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
I just checked, not available on the Shine 3. It's probably a tiered update so that their servers down get overloaded by requests.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #14
syracusa

Old 01-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #15
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
I believed you before, you don't have to prove it
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote