Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
fsommers
fsommers began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre converted all word doc to calibre

Please help. I was trying to convert a word document to mobi and calibre converted EVERY word document in my computer to the edoc viewer. How do I convert these files back to word. Thank you in advance.
fsommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:38 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsommers View Post
Please help. I was trying to convert a word document to mobi and calibre converted EVERY word document in my computer to the edoc viewer. How do I convert these files back to word. Thank you in advance.
We need a little more information. Exactly how did you use calibre to convert the book? Did you use the GUI or the command line interface?

Typically when calibre converts a book from one format to another it does not alter the original book, it simply creates a converted copy of the original book. Calibre also does not touch any books outside of its library. If you accidentally added every word document to calibre this did not change the original word documents on your computer.

Bottom line, search your drive for the original word documents, they should still be there somewhere.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2019, 08:05 PM   #3
uli
Zealot
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
Every file on the computer sounds like the file associations was changed.

In Windows System settings > Default Apps... choose default app type and find .docx
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:06 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I bet it's something as simple as the default program for opening DOC or DOCX has changed to calibre viewer
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:08 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli View Post
Every file on the computer sounds like the file associations was changed.

In Windows System settings > Default Apps... choose default app type and find .docx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I bet it's something as simple as the default program for opening DOC or DOCX has changed to calibre viewer
You both make an excellent point.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2019, 03:27 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Even if Windows, in its infinite wisdom made calibre the default program for DOCX - the CALIBRE_NO_DEFAULT_PROGRAMS EnvVar can be used to prevent it happening; that would not explain why it converted the DOCX files to EDOC (I assume the OP means EPUB) and deleted the DOCX files.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #7
fsommers
fsommers began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I can't thank you enough. Problem is solved.
fsommers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert to word or pdf