Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 02:41 AM   #1
Bolognie1
Bolognie1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Question Can someone help me installing KSM and KOReader on Libra please?

Sorry if there is a thread already up that just walks me through this, but I am brain-dead atm and just can't trawl through any more forums. I didn't want to use a guide from over a year ago in case it just didn't work, for my own sanity.

I bought a kobo libra H2O a couple days ago and am really happy with it. I currently just put books onto it from calibre, and mainly just read ePUB, PDF and some MOBI files. I don't do anything particularly adventurous, but I would like to be able to annotate PDFs, and I understand that the "lookup" feature thingy isn't on kobo by default? I remember using my old kindle and being able to lookup definitions of words real time, which would also be nice.

From my understanding, KOReader would be pretty ideal, which also requires either KSM or KFMon. I don't know what either of these are, or what they do. I understand KSM is a Kobo Start Menu? Does this mean it's essentially a window and/ or file manager, or does it allow for certain extra functionality? I would have thought this just allows access to alternate plug-ins etc. What is KFMon then? What are the benefits of each? Also, should I just go ahead with KOReader, or is there an alternative I should consider?

Cheers
Bolognie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:22 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
As usual, when in doubt, trust upstream.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kfmon, koreader, ksm, libra