Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
carecare
carecare began at the beginning.

Device: xxx
New Oasis 2019 - Brightness gradient fixed?

Hello,

I had tried out an Oasis longer time ago and found the brightness gradient (from left to right) unacceptably annoying and distracting so I sent it back. The voyage and paperwhite that I own also have a gradient but it's from bottom to top, so not annoying at all. As far as I understood it the gradient is naturally occurring as the LEDs are located on only one side of the screen.

As for the new Oasis, has this changed? I think I've read somewhere that the LEDs are now all across the screen but can't remember where. Could someone who has been aware of these gradients, someone who is able to notice them, tell if this issue still seems to exist?

Thanks!
carecare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #2
madz00
madz00 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Mine had a little gradient from left to right so I send it back
madz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
No gradient on mine and it has a beautiful screen. I'm aware of the gradients and have returned 2 Oasis Kindles (1st and 2nd) because of unacceptable gradients and cones of light and shadows on the right side. The 10th generation Oasis has one of the most perfect screens I have seen on any device.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
My Oasis 3 has no gradient either. Both my Voyage and the Oasis 2 have very noticeable gradients.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #5
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
My oasis 1 had an unacceptable gradient. My oasis 2 had an acceptable gradient. My O3 had a gradient even less so. Just my 2c
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert