Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
Rocky55
Rocky55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Request for KOBO AURA HD microSD image

Hello to everyone, my KOBO AURA HD hanged up after a firmware update.

Now the reader no longer starts, when powered up I can only see two flash on display and then nothing, the reader does not boot.

I checked the internal micro SD Card (4GB) on a linux computer, partitions and data look ok but the reader not start.

I'd like to know if someone can provide me a card image for KOBO AURA HD to reload it on the card or any other solution to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance for your help
Rocky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

But, it doesn't sound like you have tried a factory reset. For the Aura HD, this can be done by:
  • Charge the battery for at least an hour.
  • Force the device to power off by holding the power switch in the off position for about 20 seconds.
  • Hold the light button down and turn the device on.
  • Release the light button when the screen changes or the power LED stops flashing.

If it doesn't work, try again waiting a little longer at each step.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
Rocky55
Rocky55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thank you David for your info, I did again the factory reset and this time the operation worked well, the reader booted up and is now asking the connection to a computer for initial setup

Thank so much for your help
Rocky55 is offline   Reply With Quote