Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2019, 05:20 AM   #1
Krishnam Prabhu
Krishnam Prabhu began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Post Sharing books by email

In "calibre - E-book management" while sending a book the following error shows:

calibre, version 3.40.1 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to email book: Failed: Email MyBook to xxxxx@gmail.com

Starting job: Email MyBook to xxxxx@gmail.com
connect: (u'smtp.live.com', 587)

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 44, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 134, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 148, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 336, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 310, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 557, in create_connection
gaierror: [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed

Retrying in 301 seconds...

Waiting 301 seconds before sending, to avoid being marked as spam.
You can control this delay via Preferences->Tweaks

Please help me to get a solution ASAP.

Regards,
A. Krishnam Prabhu,
India.
Krishnam Prabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:29 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm not sure why, when the email address is <user>@gmail.com, your smtp server is set to smtp.live.com.

However, the error looks to me like the DNS lookup for 'smtp.live.com' is failing. But I might be wrong about what that getaddrinfo call is doing, as I haven't checked the source.

Someone more knowledgeable will no doubt be along shortly.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2019, 02:28 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm not sure why, when the email address is <user>@gmail.com, your smtp server is set to smtp.live.com.
The gmail address is presumably the email address of the person he wants to “share” the book with, as per the thread title.

I should point out that “sharing” books is copyright infringement, unless of course the book concerned is in the public domain.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:32 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah its a dns lookup that's failing. Typical causes are lack of network connection or antivirus/firewall blocking calibre
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah its a dns lookup that's failing. Typical causes are lack of network connection or antivirus/firewall blocking calibre
The Firewall is what made it impossible for me to send directly from Calibre. Instead, I have to save the ebook to disk and attach it to an email to send-to-kindle. Since I don't do this often, it's not much of an issue. I acknowledge your second comment Harry, but since I am emailing to place in my cloud, I am not bypassing the copyright, just thwarting the 'license' issue as I bought it elsewhere.

Last edited by Tarana; 07-02-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert