Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-25-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
bmurphy
bmurphy is on a distinguished road

Device: HTC Advantage,various Dell minis,10" +9",7" (old Dell Axim x50v)
Long time e-reader but new to this site!

Hi, I ran across this site in a thread from pocketpcthoughts, and decided to sign up. I'm a long-time e-reader, and have just upgraded to a vga (Dell Axim x50v and am running into VGA problems with e-reader. I have a huge bookshelf, and really like to use e-reader but it's not responding properly. It seems cutting-edge hardware, isn't all that great when the software doesn't keep up!
Barb
bmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:08 PM   #2
Liqiud
Infinite Oblivion
Liqiud began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie PEG-UX50
Welcome abord, email me
if you need anything
Liqiud is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2005, 03:27 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome on board, Barb!

I am also lucky owner of a X50v, and you're right, eReader isn't well supporting the latest WM2003SE devices. Have you checked out this thread by chance which explains how you can enable VGA for eReader on your device?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 03:30 AM   #4
bmurphy

Thanks Alexander, I had skimmed the thread earlier, but I've downloaded them and will install. As a x50v owner... have you had any difficulties with bluetooth? What keyboard are you using? I sent back the Dell bt keyboard as it wouldn't keep a connection and then finally wouldn't connect. Now I'm trying to figure out what to get, as I am lost without a keyboard. I had such a good experience with the serial one for the x30, that I'm spoiled now.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:37 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Alas I don't have experience with BT; to be honest, I have never used a single BT connection in my life (well, except for trying out once my dad's BT cell phone headset).

Ask me about wireless connectivity - and I am your man! Regarding an alternative to the Dell keyboard, I'd suggest you ask the nice folks at Aximsite for their recommendations!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2005, 04:14 AM   #6
bmurphy

The consensis at Aximsite, is that BT is the way to go, but I had nothing but trouble with it. I would really like a wired one, but Dell haven't come out with one. The other solution is IR which is where I'm heading. It's also cheaper since I have to convert US dollars to Canadian (always a bummer!).
Old 05-22-2010, 03:38 AM   #7
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
welcome
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:36 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Barb. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 AM   #10
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Hi and welcome to MR!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
bmurphy

Post Wow! a jump of 5 years!

Thanks for the welcome messages. It's been a jump of 5 years since the last post of mine!
I've not stopped e-reading, but I've upgraded to an HTCX7500 Advantage, and lots of little laptops! a 7", 9" dell mini, 10" dell mini, 12" dell inspiron and on up!
I read on all of them and mostly use eReader and if pressed- MSreader (those are free). Also found Calibre that lets me convert other reader formats to a favorite. I find that the 10" mini is my favorite mobile laptop, and that goes with me - as well as the Advantage.
I like my ability to be reading and then check something on the web that I just read about, so I haven't gotten hooked on the new readers - I'm not sure I like to loose my color VGA. Anyone have a new favorite like the Kindle? My daughter and husband both have switched to a Kindle but I'm not really interested in starting a new bookshelf format. My eReader bookshelf is 50 pages (on FictionWise)- so that is a lot to not be able to access!
It must run in the family- my 2yr old grandson has his own iPad (carefully monitored) and usually has an iPhone at hand too - it has certainly been great for teaching tool!