Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-05-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Wednesday Worry

I'm signed up on my local Freecycle group. For those who don't know of it, Freecycle is a mailing list in which you can offer items for free (as in you don't get paid for them) you no longer want/need; or ask for items you want/need. It's a useful way of recycling stuff that isn't so decrepit it's worth junking; and that you don't want to, or can't, sell.

Checking it today I noticed that some-one was offering hamster bits, and later on that the hamster bits were taken.

My first thought was "what sort of person offers bits of a hamster?"

My second thought was "what sort of person asks for bits of a hamster?"

My third thought was "both these people live in my area - maybe I should move!"

(and yes, in case anyone was really wondering, it was bits FOR a hamster, not OF a hamster. But the subject line was "Hamster bits" )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I'm signed up on my local Freecycle group. For those who don't know of it, Freecycle is a mailing list in which you can offer items for free (as in you don't get paid for them) you no longer want/need; or ask for items you want/need. It's a useful way of recycling stuff that isn't so decrepit it's worth junking; and that you don't want to, or can't, sell.

Checking it today I noticed that some-one was offering hamster bits, and later on that the hamster bits were taken.

(and yes, in case anyone was really wondering, it was bits FOR a hamster, not OF a hamster. But the subject line was "Hamster bits" )
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was my first reaction as well. What the heck would you do with pieces of a hamster
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
marc? Are you there?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
marc? Are you there?
Hmm, I've been looking for something to replace the current amuse-bouche on the Chateau Pompette party menu. Good idea, VR. Here, have a venison snausage.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
And there was me with the image of something small and furry spinning at high speed in an electric drill for the purpose of polishing things...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post

paaa hahahaha !!!!!! hamster bits !! oh noes !!!

i love freecycle (that reminds me i need to post an ad, got some stuff to give away...)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
And there was me with the image of something small and furry spinning at high speed in an electric drill for the purpose of polishing things...
PAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!! even worse !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #9
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
That is just sick... hilarious, but sick
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's a kiddie kraft. Buy several and let the kiddies build their own hamsters!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Hamster Bits : Build-Your-Own hamster kit ! brought to you by Frank'N'Stein Toys, Ltd.

now with extra lightning rods !!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #12
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's...ALIIIIIVE!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #13
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
It's...ALIIIIIVE!!!
Oh Great! Now I've got Brian Blessed's performance in Flash Gordon stuck in my head, dancing to the sounds of Prince's 1999. I am going to have seriously weird dreams, I fear.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Oh Great! Now I've got Brian Blessed's performance in Flash Gordon stuck in my head, dancing to the sounds of Prince's 1999. I am going to have seriously weird dreams, I fear.
No, no, no. Young Frankenstein. As in this clip where he says "They're ALIIIIIVE!"

This is the right clip, right?
Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
No, no, no. Young Frankenstein. As in this clip where he says "They're ALIIIIIVE!"

This is the right clip, right?

Tags
unutterable silliness