Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
How to prevent replacement of cover.jpg in kepubs when sending to Kobo e-reader?

Hi,

I have pre-converted all my epubs to the kepub format with a small generated cover image, to prevent wasted space in my library. My hope was that when I would send the book from my calibre library to my device, this kepub file would simply be copied from my calibre library and renamed to kepub.epub. This does not appear to be the case because, if I add another cover in my calibre library after the conversion, this new cover is inserted into the kepub.epub file that is transferred to my Kobo e-reader.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening, and have the "send to device" button copy over the kepub file from my calibre library untouched?
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It is standard calibre function to update the metadata and covers in books when sending to the device. Or during a save-to-disk and several other operations. The only way to turn this off is to disable the metadata writer for the format you are using. In this case, it is the KePub Metdata Writer plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2019, 04:57 AM   #3
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Perfect. It's behaving exactly how I want it to now. Thank you very much!
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote