Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-27-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
Garygoblin
Garygoblin began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Question [Android] Kindle Android app, page flip, and calibre

Hello everyone

As I (sadly) don't have a dedicated book reader device, I use my android tablet for reading. Most of the time the Amazon Kindle Android app is what I use, and with the new option to move downloaded books to "external SD card", page flip and whispersync I'm quite happy with it.
However, I'm wondering if I could somehow sync my non-amazon ebooks with my android Kindle app. I can save them to the Kindle folder on "Internal SD card", but this way I won't get page flip nor whispersync. Sending my files by email also won't give me these features. And, being able to have my books on "external SD" would be a great space saver.

Thanks

Last edited by Garygoblin; 12-27-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Garygoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Page Flip is only available on books in KFX format.

Last edited by jhowell; 12-27-2018 at 02:49 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
Garygoblin
Garygoblin began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Page Flip is only available on books in KFX format.
Thanks so much! That plugin is a piece of art.

is it possible to copy the converted book to Kindle folder on external SD?
Garygoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:34 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garygoblin View Post
Thanks so much! That plugin is a piece of art.

is it possible to copy the converted book to Kindle folder on external SD?
That is what Save to File does in Calibre. Any destination
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote