Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Verizon.net email...no email from countries outside the US?

Hey All,

A bit frustrated here. Ever since switching from my AOL account to my new verizon account I have been happy. Its speedy at a little under 3mbps. I am however very dissatisfied with the fact that I cannot receive email from any of my friends outside of the US. I am also sorry to say that I found out from alot of other sources that this has been a problem since the middle of December. Apparently verizon has implemented a new kind of "spam" protection that blocks alot of outside of the United States domain names. People who have been with verizon for years are just now saying that they are having the same problems as well. I spoke with many people at verizon today and I had one person have the nerve to tell me to use a free email service such as yahoo or gmail. I think that I may just create another spymac account and use apple mail to access it and give this out to all of my contacts in my address book. I find it appalling and I'm very upset about it. Anyone else a verizon customer?
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:24 PM   #2
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Sigh, I suppose it's the stereotypical the-US-is-the-world view... It's not like anyone exists outside of the USA, do they??? As a Canadian, I find that view annoying... Incredibly annoying.

I guess you'll just have to go and get a different e-mail provider. Or see about getting them to change it, and use a REAL spam filter, and not some cheap country blocking filter.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2005, 05:05 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ok verizon customers contact me I will supply you with Gmail invites as long as I have them available
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:51 PM   #4
Unregistered
Nameless Being

US-based IPs also blocked by Verizon

In their zeal to reduce spam, many large blocks of US-based IP addresses have been added to the verizon blacklist. This affects many, many website owners who elect to have their domain email forwarded to their ISP (verizon.net). I have spoken to several tech support/customer service/sales people there who have no idea of the situation. ALthough I don't usually support class action suits, in this case I hope they win!
Old 02-19-2005, 09:29 PM   #5
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Yeah I heard about the class action suit too. But I think if a law is passed to allow spam then it will cause too many problems. I just wish that verizon will let me control spam. I now have people emailing me at multiple email addresses in order to get in contact with me. I just added the other email addresses to my signature.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert