Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #1
Robert Bitzer
Robert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Onyx Boox Note+, Kindle Oasis2, Kindle Voyage
Firmware V2.0 updated

Just got the re-release of Firmware 2.0 today...they seem to have fixed the Neoreader bug with the TOC causing a crash on PDFs. Seems to be running smoothly overall.
Robert Bitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #2
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bitzer View Post
Just got the re-release of Firmware 2.0 today...they seem to have fixed the Neoreader bug with the TOC causing a crash on PDFs. Seems to be running smoothly overall.
Thanks for posting this. I am currently downloading the update. Can't wait to give it whirl.

Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #3
whopper
Addict
whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'whopper knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Boox max 2
chinese?

I tried to check for a new firmware and says that nothing is available.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #4
Robert Bitzer
Robert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipseRobert Bitzer can illuminate an eclipse

I'm in the US.... It was pushed automatically, and I've been in running 2.0 for about two weeks already but it was a beta release, I think. Onyx website is showing 2.0 for most devices now.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:00 PM   #5
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
I'm in Canada, using English as the system language on my device. All I had to do was turn on my wifi, and click on check for update in the settings.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #6
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Not Available on http://www.onyx-international.com/

At this time, on http://www.onyx-international.com/, the PDF manual for the version 2.0 is available but not the firmware 2.0.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:43 AM   #7
nozonyan
nozonyan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
At this time, on http://www.onyx-international.com/, the PDF manual for the version 2.0 is available but not the firmware 2.0.
the firmware is available from boox.com

to get it OTA you must change language to english.

Anyway. Did they get rid of reading records?

edit: actually, checked on boox.com 2.0 available from note but not for max.
nozonyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:08 AM   #8
plusz
Addict
plusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notesplusz can name that song in three notes

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Since it is about to roll up to every devices, could you share your feedback what is broken (missing) in the new firmware, if still... Some information about the Chinese beta was worrying.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:20 AM   #9
Robert Bitzer

The only thing not working as advertised for me is that the text box feature in the note app seems to only work with the standard keyboard. I'm using g-board and only the number keys work... strange I've reported it to Onyx. I haven't tried swiftkey or other keyboard apps... don't think I'd use the text box feature anyway but others might.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #10
Faeryink
Faeryink began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I updated the firmware on Max 2 Pro (4 GB ram, 64 GB storage) last week (it was shipped with 1.9.7). Basically to get the update I first changed the language to Chinese and ran the OTA update and it seemed to upgrade the firmware to 2.0. Then I changed the language to English. It has been working without any issues. Except it occasionally switches the language to Chinese. Seems fine after I unticked the auto update. I had to run the play store patch and all is working. Except can't install previously purchased apps.

@Robert Bitzer
The textbox feature in the notes app works with my onscreen keyboard and Bluetooth keyboard. Not sure if this helps. Could it be the keyboard setting?
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #11
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Still no update on my Max 2, at least.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:17 PM   #12
Alrayes
Alrayes began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX NOVA
tried updating from the Nova and it returns nothing available; system language is english
Alrayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:00 PM   #13
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
I am having serious battery issue with 2.0 update!
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:21 PM   #14
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
I am having serious battery issue with 2.0 update!
Some users suggest to turn off auto update of apps and maybe turn off wifi if possible.
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #15
Robert Bitzer

SwiftKey works in the note text box as well as the standard keyboard. Haven't tried a Bluetooth one yet.