Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Tony Hillerman

Just read a blurb that said Tony Hillerman had died at age 83.

I thought he wrote wonderful novels. I will miss future stories of the Navajo Tribal Police and Officer Jim Chee and retired Joe Leaphorn.........

Big loss......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I never read his Leaphorn and Chee novels, but after reading some news stories about his death, I decided to give them a try. It's a really interesting premise so I'm not sure why I never stumbled across them before...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
I never read his Leaphorn and Chee novels, but after reading some news stories about his death, I decided to give them a try. It's a really interesting premise so I'm not sure why I never stumbled across them before...
I would definitely read them in Chronological order.....
"The Blessing Way" is the first.......you can go to
www.fantasticfiction.com and find the rest......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Thanks for the info. I plan to start "The Blessing Way" after I am finished with my current book...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
I grew up in the southwest, and the imagery in his novels always felt like "home". I was quite saddened to hear about his passing. He will be missed.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I'm sorry to hear this. It seems like all the good writers die off before I do. I have and still do enjoy his work. It's even better if you've been it that general part of the nation.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
Wheezie
Wheezie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650
I am very sorry to see that he died. I have read all of his books in that series.
The characters seem like they become part of your family. I was always looking forward to the next one.
Wheezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #8
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
I remember starting one of his novels at my mom's recommendation when i was a lot younger...didn't get into it, but I should try again.
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote