Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-15-2018, 06:37 AM   #1
bobodude
Connoisseur
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
Onxy Boox Nova

Anyone have news on the Onyx Boox Nova?

Date of release, etc.

(i saw the preview video ...)

bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:54 AM   #2
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Onxy Boox Nova

The release date of Onyx Boox Nova hasn't been decided yet. Please keep attenting our official website for the newest information. Thank you for your understanding.
http://www.boox.com/en/
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2018, 03:30 AM   #3
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Boox View Post
The release date of Onyx Boox Nova hasn't been decided yet. Please keep attenting our official website for the newest information. Thank you for your understanding.
http://www.boox.com/en/
About time you appeared! ; )
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:23 AM   #4
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
About time you appeared! ; )
Welcome me bro? I just walk around here.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:30 AM   #5
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Welcome me bro? I just walk around here.
And isn't it a beautiful thing?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2018, 05:37 AM   #6
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
And isn't it a beautiful thing?
For sure it is. I'm glad to see so many friends here.
And look at how many post you have. I can't believe that.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #7
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
That Nova looks great! Lets see what Onyx does with it. I need a 8" eReader better than i86 and it could be that
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:44 AM   #8
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
That Nova looks great! Lets see what Onyx does with it. I need a 8" eReader better than i86 and it could be that
Thank you. Hope to release Nova ASAP.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #9
sawdin2
Enthusiast
sawdin2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage; Former Nook HD+ user
This looks like a very good alternative to the Kindle Oasis and KA1. Hopefully, it will be available soon and be competitively priced.
sawdin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #10
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Thank you. Hope to release Nova ASAP.
I have one question about the upcoming Nova. The wifi antenna that it have it is 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

I know it is so improbable to have the 5Ghz antena, but I have to ask it
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:08 AM   #11
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
I have one question about the upcoming Nova. The wifi antenna that it have it is 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

I know it is so improbable to have the 5Ghz antena, but I have to ask it
Sorry, it has no 5Ghz antenna.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:57 PM   #12
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Official specs: http://www.boox.com/boox-nova/
No microsd slot and lack of audio jack confirmed. Buttons 'back' and 'power' only.
DarkCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #13
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Did I actually lived enough to see an official Onyx Boox response on mobileread? I need to change my medications...

Do you have Max 3 in works? Any chance of frontlight on 13.3'' e-reader?
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #14
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
The Nova has a lot going for it. No sd card slot, but 32gb of internal storage. Besides that, it looks similar to the Likebook Mars, spec-wise.

The official specs mention an E-Ink app store. Good idea, but does this device not have Google Play and all that goes with it? Can users suggest apps for the E-Ink app store?

I wonder about the auto-refresh settings, given my Likebook Mars experience. Onyx firmware is usually less buggy than Boyue firmware.

I could be tempted to sell my Oasis and go Nova - if the price is right!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #15
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mars, kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation, kindle fire hdx 8.9
Price will be at least 299 $.
Matilo is offline   Reply With Quote