Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
New Voyage on September 21?

It looks like the page for the Kindle Voyage is back. This one starts shipping on September 21. I've not looked to see if there are any upgrades yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle...eywords=kindle
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #2
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I fear this description is exactly the same as the 2014, this must be the previous page restored.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
A quick look doesn't show any changes with memory, screen resolution or other that I can see. Maybe it was just out of stock for a while?
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:14 PM   #4
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW3, PW4, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
It's still the same one, and they probably found more stock.

They don't usually redesign menus and redesign the graphic comparison chart for things that are temporarily out of stock if they are not planning on discontinuing them.

Since it's not back on the menu or any of the charts, it still looks like discontinuation plans to me.

I can hope they will make a new version they are releasing soon - or something similar - which may be why they are removing the page links from the menu to help sell the new one. There's no way to tell.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #5
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
it is also for sale again in the Uk from the 13th.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 03:40 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
They are ALL USED! Follow the link then Click on sellers link! None are NEW None are even from Amazon ALL are 3rd party sellers.
Voyage is Not Back!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Here is one sold by Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/reader-High-R.../dp/B00GDQDRPK
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=all

This is Where it Leads to! NO Sold By Amazon Not New!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post

That's because they're not back in stock yet. That happens on September 21st. You can, however, currently buy new Voyages from Amazon if you want the cellular version or a WiFi without special offers.

Just hit "Customize and add to Cart" and you'll be given the choice of WiFi and Cellular (in stock) or WiFi without special offers (also in stock). Meanwhile, if you want WiFi with special offers (the $199 one) you'll have to wait until September 21st.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:21 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitarywolf View Post
It looks like the page for the Kindle Voyage is back. This one starts shipping on September 21. I've not looked to see if there are any upgrades yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle...eywords=kindle
that's the same model number as before - check the dates on the reviews

A new Voyage would have a new model number
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post

It doesn't lead me there. From my link, I was able to add it to my cart and proceed to checkout.

In Firefox, I don't see who it is sold by. In chrome I see it says sold and shipped by Amazon Digital services. And free delivery by Monday.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:42 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
It doesn't lead me there. From my link, I was able to add it to my cart and proceed to checkout.

In Firefox, I don't see who it is sold by. In chrome I see it says sold and shipped by Amazon Digital services. And free delivery by Monday.
Actually, you can just do a search (within Amazon) for the Voyage again. Once at this link ...

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle...eywords=voyage

... you just click "Customize and Add to Cart." All configurations except WiFi with special offers are available for two day shipping. It's now straightforward again. And the "in stock" date for the $200 Voyages has now been moved up to September 20th. It looks like they are even letting you pre-order it now.

Last edited by rcentros; 09-07-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #13
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

When I followed the link it said sold by and shipped by Amazon and it was new.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #14
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
When I followed the link it said sold by and shipped by Amazon and it was new.
They were new for the link I posted and when I posted it. I assumed Amazon doesn't sell used items (items shipped from and sold by Amazon).
Old 09-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #15
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

And now the "In Stock on September 20th" and pre-order options are gone again. Although you can still go to "Other Sellers" and buy a new Voyage with Cellular or without special offers or the combination of both directly from Amazon. Maybe they found out they didn't have the stock on hand after all?

If you want a new Voyage directly from Amazon I don't think I'd wait too long. I've got a feeling that they'll disappear in all configurations fairly soon.

Last edited by rcentros; 09-08-2018 at 04:23 PM.