Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Kindle fire (5th) running very slow

We have several of these, but my Mom's runs very slow to the point that she doesn't even want to use it any more. What do you suggest as a fix? She actually doesn't have books on there - she uses it primarily to read the paper, operate her Roku, and check the sales at a local discount grocery. All of these are super, super slow.

My alternative is to give her one of mine, which I'm happy to do. I just thought someone would have suggestions to address the problem. The problem started when it was no longer recognizing the SD card.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:11 AM   #2
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
have you did a factory reset. do to Device Options, You will see reset to factory. Hopes this works
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2018, 01:48 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
1. take out the SD card and re-test. some kindles don't play nicely with some SD cards

2. if no improvement then try the various reset options: before resorting to factory reset try the "hold down power button for 40 secs until it shuts itself down" one. that one preserved your apps, but does more than a simple restart.

3. the only other erason I can think of for slow running is that a rougue app or process has gotten on their - like a crypro coin miner - that is runnign in the background and stealing power. I think its pretty easy to find the list of " running apps" on a KF and check: settings, apps, select running apps column , check for anythign unexpected.

4. clear cache on all the browser apps may also help - the KF may be running low on storage. some caches grow & grow until tamed. ditto for news apps, and check for auto download of news stories in the news apps settings which can also hog bandwidth and storage. settings apps choose an app, clear cache, repeat...

5. if you are intending a factory reset, check first that you have backup ( to amazon) enabled) and force a backup. that way you will see a "restore from" option to quickly get your apps and settings back after re-registering, though you will lose any passwords...

Last edited by stumped; 08-18-2018 at 01:50 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote