Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Question What Custom Columns do you use in your Calibre Media Library(movies, tv shows, anime)

Continuing on from my What Custom Columns do you use in your Calibre Library?, I’m interested to know what custom columns you are using if you use Calibre as a media library for tv shows, movies, audio and anime etc...? Do you keep the media files in the library or do you just keep it as a catalogue (text files only)? I have found the two posts and plugin below which discuss using Calibre as a media library.

I’m looking at using Calibre for my anime (text catalogue only) and thinking about using the default and custom columns below.

There are databases/apps like MyAniList, Kitsu and Shoko. Shoko looks like it would best suit my needs as it is built for anime, although only available for windows, which I do have and will try. Not sure if it has the customisation that Calibre has though.

I’m not sure how well metadata download will work but hoping the Google Images source will be enough for the images at least.

I would like to use Calibre Companion (CC) but as CC is limited to only one library on the iOS version I may not be able to do this (I will have to decide which is better - to have book library or anime - unless I have one on my iPad and one on my iPhone which could work).

• Title (English)
  • Comment
  • Tags
  • Review

Custom Columns
  • Title (Japanese)
  • Type (TV Show, Movie)
  • Location (DVD, AnimeLab, External Drive)
  • Source (DVD, AnimeLab)
  • Subtitled / Dubbed
  • Series (S1, S2, S3, S4)
  • Episodes (1-13, 1-26)
  • List (Watched, To Watch, Watching, Want to Watch, Dropped)

Do you use Calibre for media? What custom columns do you use? What type of media library do you have? How do you use it? What are the advantages and disadvantages (limitations) of using Calibre?

Thanks,

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
nope, i dont have many collections of that.
so, i'm still like my old folder tree.

i've read something in reddit, about that
r/datahoarder
r/datacurator
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
anime, calibre, custom columns, media