Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Audiobook not showing up in Kindle app for shared Immersion Reading ebook/audiobook

I used Family Sharing to share the ebook and audiobook I bought together that is "Immersion Reading/Whispersync for Voice" enabled with a Prime household member. They play together in my Kindle app. However, the audiobook does not show up alongside the ebook in her Kindle app. It *does* show up in her Audible app, so the audiobook is syncing, but the Kindle app isn't recognizing/linking the shared audiobook. The "Immersion Reading/Whispersync for Voice" ability/link is not being shared to her account. How do I get her account to link these two in her Kindle app so she can use the Immersion Reading feature as well?

Has anyone tried this with an Immersion Reading enabled ebook/audiobook combo either on iOS apps or Kindle devices?

We're using the iOS apps but I assume this would be the same on a Kindle device but I'd be curious if anyone has tried both to see if it's specific to the iOS app or an account level issue.
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:51 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I cannot yet say whether this has to do with Family Library or not. I have it turned on but my wife does not read on devices. I can try tomorrow on her iPad to see what happens.

I have had a couple of cases where Whispersync for Voice did not kick in when it should have for a specific title. In both cases it took contacting Audible support to fix it.

The iOS Kindle app provides a way to filter titles to just those with Audible companions. What happens when you turn that on (on one of her iOS devices)? Does it list any of the titles from your library?

Kindles with the Audible feature support Whispersync for Voice (location sync) but not Immersion Reading. Fire tablets and Kindle for Android support both.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-29-2018 at 01:54 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I checked on my wife’s iPad and confirmed that she can download companion audiobooks in the Kindle app for books shared via Family Library, as expected.

Seems like it may be some account-level thing, but again, do any of the book thumbnails show up with the headphone icon on them?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Download the App for Audible Download the book to read then open the ebook & click on the TTS IF they match it works.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote