Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-09-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Question How'd You Manage Identifier in Calibre?

i've long enough not to pay attention to the identifiers, when i activate the Tag Browser,

example type:
978000123456/978000123456
identifiers:"=urnisbn/978000123456:"
identifiers:"=urnisbn/:"

is there a search/replace regex or a way to keep the isbn and removing part of identifier or change.

978000123456/978000123456 >>> isbn:978000123456
urnisbn/978000123456 >>> urnisbn:978000123456

if anyone have another rules to share about managing identifier is welcome.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkyunior View Post
i've long enough not to pay attention to the identifiers, when i activate the Tag Browser,

example type:
978000123456/978000123456

is there a search/replace regex or a way to keep the isbn and removing part of identifier or change.if anyone have another rules to share about managing identifier is welcome.

NOT TESTED
Code:
\d+\/(\d{13})   >>>   isbn:\1
(urnisbn)\/(\d{13}) >>> \1:\2
I look for 13 digits, just in case there is another digits\digits
I still would single step my Searches and only replace when Eyeball Mk2 says it is good
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
yonkyunior
Cultivator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
NOT TESTED
Code:
\d+\/(\d{13})   >>>   isbn:\1
(urnisbn)\/(\d{13}) >>> \1:\2
I look for 13 digits, just in case there is another digits\digits
I still would single step my Searches and only replace when Eyeball Mk2 says it is good
search replace window for identifier..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	339
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	163898  
Old 05-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah! You did not say where you were using the REGEX

I assumed it was in the OPF or body of the book

Read the fields on that form
identifier type: does not allow a wild card (for when the identifier is malformed.
calibre identifiers have 2 parts separated by a colon. type:<value>

You can use the Tag browser: Identifiers section to see (and select) all the various types in YOUR library. AFAIK, you will need to fix those that do not comply with calibre identifier rules. For those that do, Bulk mode S&R can work on each TYPE. Just fill in the blanks on the form
Old 05-10-2018, 07:58 AM   #5
yonkyunior
Cultivator

Quote:
Ah! You did not say where you were using the REGEX

I assumed it was in the OPF or body of the book

Read the fields on that form
identifier type: does not allow a wild card (for when the identifier is malformed.
calibre identifiers have 2 parts separated by a colon. type:<value>

You can use the Tag browser: Identifiers section to see (and select) all the various types in YOUR library. AFAIK, you will need to fix those that do not comply with calibre identifier rules. For those that do, Bulk mode S&R can work on each TYPE. Just fill in the blanks on the form
the identifier type recognized by calibre i think require " : "

i attach gif,
the identifier type
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	searchreplace.gif
Views:	282
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	163908  
Advert
Old 05-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
the identifier type recognized by calibre i think require " : "

i attach gif,
the identifier type
that is what I said

How malformed entries got imported
Old 05-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Library Codes Plug-in

The "Library Codes" plug-in silently and automatically scrubs the ISBN for a few highly common ISBN formatting errors that I encountered with my personal metadata while writing it. I guess I could add other formatting errors given free-range test data if examples requiring automatic corrections were posted in the LC thread.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:15 PM   #8
yonkyunior
Cultivator

Quote:
that is what I said

How malformed entries got imported
recently, my setting adding book with "Read metadata from file contents".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
The "Library Codes" plug-in silently and automatically scrubs the ISBN for a few highly common ISBN formatting errors that I encountered with my personal metadata while writing it. I guess I could add other formatting errors given free-range test data if examples requiring automatic corrections were posted in the LC thread.

DaltonST
example type:
identifiers:"978000123456:978000123456:"
identifiers:"=urnisbn978000123456:"

the pattern above repeated most.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
example type:
identifiers:"978000123456:978000123456:"
identifiers:"=urnisbn978000123456:"

the pattern above repeated most.
The Library Codes Plug-in Thread is here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote