Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O Edition 2
Kindle Oasis 2017 original case replica

Just saw this, will leave this here:
https://www.amazon.com/Ayotu-Colorfu...asis+2017+case

Someone seems to have figured out that it is a good idea to make a replica of the Amazon case, and one that apparently works well.

UPDATE:
Just received my cover. It looks slightly less high quality than the original cover (I don't like it when the color of the seam does not match the material 100%; but: no branding) but it attaches nicely (not perfectly aligned but close) and, most importantly, holds on to the Oasis when opening the case and when hanging the reader from the cover. This is realized by a non-sticky gel patch on the inside of the back flap that provides additional adhesion.
I would recommend it to anyone who is currently looking for an alternative to the unavailable Amazon cases. Shame there's no high quality tan leather option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	163029   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0045.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	163030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	163031  

Last edited by johnnyb; 03-24-2018 at 07:56 AM. Reason: update: pictures and review
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Guru
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2
There are reviews dated over a year ago. I wish Amazon would keep reviews linked to exact items.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #3
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3 BasicK/Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis2
Yeah, the reviews are confusing to me. I want a cover for my Oasis2 and some of the newer reviews suggest it is the right one, but why are there reviews from 2016. That would suggest for the first Oasis.

I am going to go for it. Just need to decide on a color now.

Assuming its for the right Oasis, its about time. No proper covers for it has been driving me nuts. I don't want a snap in full cover. I want it to come off easy. And not be the suede type. This should be it. Finally.

eta: I went for the cats. Since they don't have a map design. Its pretty and retro. And will be easier to care for than the suede original one I have. That one looks like some cats got at it with all the marks and scratches on it now.

Thanks for posting this johnnyb

Last edited by Atunah; 03-22-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:18 PM   #4
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got the white one, will report once it arrives.
(no stand is a bit of a bummer but well... maybe some other manufacturer will figure that out as well)
Old 03-22-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never even noticed it doesn't have a stand as I never used that for my original. I only tried it out like once when I got it, but didn't want the flap to get floppy so to speak so didn't do it again. I actually prefer it to be one solid piece so it doesn't just move part of it when opening for reading. Since the fold is just in that direction, it gets annoying at times. So this one is perfect. Assuming everything else on it works fine like the magnets and auto open.
Advert
Old 03-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #6
kcladyz
Member Retired
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW4, KOBO H2O and Aura One E2, zenpad, ipad pro, Kindle fires
I have this in vrown and green. Looks like real leater. perfect casebot dupe for $9. It is fintie and its still 10$ plus cheaper than from fintie website

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Cover-...Uybs_BOnrgkIdA
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:27 PM   #7
Atunah
Wizard

Well yes, there are a gazillion of those type 3rd party out there. But there were none for those of us that want to read without the cover, but put it on between reading sessions. So those covers were not an option for me. Now there is at least one option.

I had a snap in type like that for my first Paperwhite, I could never get that thing off. I have to get the cover off many many times a day so snap in is no good.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #8
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Updated with pictures and description
Old 03-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #9
Deskisamess
Guru
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you prop the device on it's side? I lay on my side at night when reading in bed, and the regular clip in covers allow me to prop the device on the bed. (I don't need to prop it that way on a table top or slippery surface)

I do like the look of the one you bought.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:07 AM   #10
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Can you prop the device on it's side? I lay on my side at night when reading in bed, and the regular clip in covers allow me to prop the device on the bed. (I don't need to prop it that way on a table top or slippery surface)

I do like the look of the one you bought.
yup, works perfectly...

I really like the look too, looks hardcover-ish without the dust jacket
Old 03-24-2018, 03:50 PM   #11
Atunah
Wizard

Looks nice. I got the retro cats and should get mine tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #12
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I'm late to this thread -- and I don't even have an Oasis2 (just an Oasis1) -- but just in case I get moved to buy the newer one*: can this cover fold back and lay flat against the back of the device while reading? I never, never, never do that to a paperback book, but I want my kindle cover to do that, so it will disappear.

*Mother's Day sale, maybe??
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:10 PM   #13
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I'm late to this thread -- and I don't even have an Oasis2 (just an Oasis1) -- but just in case I get moved to buy the newer one*: can this cover fold back and lay flat against the back of the device while reading? I never, never, never do that to a paperback book, but I want my kindle cover to do that, so it will disappear.

*Mother's Day sale, maybe??
Yes, since the magnetic back only extends as far as the hump, it folds perfectly flat, just like the official case did. Likewise, when you fold it back, the magnet holds it there until you are ready to close it. It's extremely thin and has a nice tactile feel to it.

Last edited by Avwriter; 04-17-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:30 PM   #14
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thanks! I'll drop it into my Wishlist, next to the Oasis2 -- just in case I decide to treat myself.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #15
Deskisamess
Guru

I bought this cover, and and totally disappointed in it. The magnet doesn't hold it in place, allowing the Oasis to fall. So I used the two sided tape that is on the back inside of the cover. It held for 2 days.

I paid too much for the Oasis to let it fall so easily out of a cover.

I did like the color, I got a blue one, and the texture. But it offers zero protection.