Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #1
OrcMao
OrcMao began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thumbs down Meta data but no ebook

Hi all,

I'm new here and using Calibre for a few months now but far from being an expert.

I'm facing an issue with my base (many thousand books) that come from many imports.

For a lot of "books" listed in the tree view (by author for example) I've metadata but no linked ebook!

When I use my favorite file explorer, what I got often is a folder for the book's name that contain:
- a cover file (let say a jpg)
- a metadata file (an.opf file)
but no ebook file

My question is: is there an automatic way (tool in calibre or plugin) to remove these folders that contain no real ebook and then to remove these "books" from my base.

Feel free to move my thread into another section if I'm wrong to post here. If the question has already been answered, please give me the link and close this thread

thank you

OrcMao
OrcMao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Library Maintenance - Check library - Do you want to check if the files in your library match the information in the database? - Yes

Delete/fix files as needed.

Do a Calibre search for formats:false then delete.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The real question is what did you do to cause this condition?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:48 AM   #4
OrcMao
OrcMao began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thumbs up Search with formats false did the trick

The check of the DB did nothing but the search for formats:false did it

Half of the books are missing, I'm now deleting these empty shells.

Thank you very much!
OrcMao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:05 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@OrcMao - FTR: book records with no formats are quite legitimate.

They are used to catalogue paper books, others use them to maintain a record of books they want to read.

I use them as placeholders for column values (e.g. Tags) I want to lock into place, even if no actual books are currently using the value. I have a book titled 'UnderEdit' written by 'UnderEdit' with a Tag of 'UnderEdit' with no format files, as you might guess I also have a VL called 'UnderEdit'.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 12:08 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I also use 'Empty Books" for my shopping list. (<in Paper Library> is my Tag for those (900+) that I have documented. )

Publishers (and Authors) publish schedules way before the book is available.
I don't want to forget to spend $
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:50 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I also use 'Empty Books" for my shopping list.
I use Bring for that, on my phone and PC - what would calibre know about raspberries

Sorry couldn't resist.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote