Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #1
mobileja
mobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
PocketBook Touch HD 2 backgroun noise

Excuse me for my English

I just bought a touch hd 2 and I am amazed with the great screen (my previous screen was pearl of 1024 x 768) and with color temperature!

but I found that when I use the audio, you hear background noise which makes your hearing very dirty, both on the audio player and the tts. with the latest update it gets a little better but the noise is still audible.

I'm worried if it's this device or maybe it's a manufacturing defect and maybe the next update will fix it?

Would you be so kind as to check to see if this is happening in your units? above all you can listen to it with low volume and it depends on the song. also in the tts when using pause and/or restart you can hear some clicks.
mobileja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
Mactire
Mactire began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini / HTC Desire Aldiko
I didn't notice it on mine.
Just checked to make sure and there is no background noise.

Could be a hardware problem, have you tried a different pair of headphones?
Mactire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2018, 03:33 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
I have a no-number Touch HD. With some exaggeration, I could say there's background noise, but it's negligible, barely distinguishable from the whistling in my own ears that has accrued in life over time.

Always try several earphones and multiple devices for proper comparison.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:04 AM   #4
mobileja
mobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animalsmobileja is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Thank you for the answers...

Yes, I've tried up to 5 headphones, and there are different degrees of background noise, but there's always

can also be heard with external speakers

in this video you can see what I am saying https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=wmRCYftgMXA

belongs to this review https://eczytanie-eksiazki.blogspot....-czytnika.html

and in this review https://papierlos-lesen.de/testberic...ok-touch-hd-2/ we can also hear it, if we turn up the volume.

In my case you can also hear several clicks when I stop and restart the tts.

but it looks like something about software because with the firmware that included the device the noise was higher and after updating it was reduced a lot. then reinstall a previous firmware and the noise increased again. now has the latest update again but there is still audible background noise especially with low volume, which is what I usually use as a precaution. so I'm not sure it's hardware.

maybe you guys hear it too? it's my doubt, if maybe I'm demanding too much, and these devices are like that. or if it's something that only happens to the one I got?

mobama: Of course, these things are always very subjective and personal, that's why my doubts?

but I really like the reader, I think I'm going to trust that they will fix it in the next update and I'm going to enjoy this great screen.
mobileja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:26 AM   #5
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileja View Post
but it looks like something about software because with the firmware that included the device the noise was higher and after updating it was reduced a lot. then reinstall a previous firmware and the noise increased again. now has the latest update again but there is still audible background noise especially with low volume, which is what I usually use as a precaution. so I'm not sure it's hardware.
This is a sure sign that it's to do with the device's firmware and you should contact Pocketbook about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileja View Post
maybe you guys hear it too? it's my doubt, if maybe I'm demanding too much, and these devices are like that. or if it's something that only happens to the one I got?
I have a Touch HD (no number) and Inkpad 2. Both have TTS that I use and there is no noticeable background noise.

Hopefully we will have show up more people who use TTS with Touch HD 2, so you can verify whether the problem is to do with Touch HD 2 in general or with your individual unit.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert