Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
Vlash
Banned
Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How to send mobi files via whispersync without losing page numbers?

I recently found Amazon Kindle to be a troublesome in regards to whispersync and the cloud services.

The first fact is that it doesn't sync files I uploaded via a USB, which is a great of a headache itself.

Afterwards I decided to resend all my .mobi files I acquired outside Amazon with whispersync, but after I do it, all of them lose the page numbers, so I only can navigate with locations (another headache, since I use the page numbers much more often)

So the problem is it, and I wish to know if there's a way to sync my MOBI's with the cloud without losing the pages.

Thanks.
Vlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You're getting page numbers when copying via USB because calibre creates a special file on your Kindle. For ones downloaded from the Amazon cloud, Amazon has to make those files. I don't know if there's a way to make Amazon do that for files you've uploaded to your account.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
The only way to have both sync & page numbers for PDOCs would to email the mobis and post-download generate & "USB sideload". apnx files.
And that scenario would require that somebody first updates "APNX Generator" plugin: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=126220

Since in the past that was the way to "plug into" apnx generating procedure that is normally part of "Send to device" sequence... but some things in apnx format changed for newer devices and newer firmware and the files that plugin produces are not valid anymore.

If the plugin worked the process would be like this:

1)send your mobis to "cloud"
2) bulk download them to Kinde
3) connect your Kindle to your PC
4) bulk select mobi files to generate apnx files for them.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #4
Vlash
Banned
Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Vlash has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
The only way to have both sync & page numbers for PDOCs would to email the mobis and post-download generate & "USB sideload". apnx files.
And that scenario would require that somebody first updates "APNX Generator" plugin: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=126220

Since in the past that was the way to "plug into" apnx generating procedure that is normally part of "Send to device" sequence... but some things in apnx format changed for newer devices and newer firmware and the files that plugin produces are not valid anymore.

If the plugin worked the process would be like this:

1)send your mobis to "cloud"
2) bulk download them to Kinde
3) connect your Kindle to your PC
4) bulk select mobi files to generate apnx files for them.
Thank u Both for the answers, they were very good, however I think that because of This issue with the plugin i'll drop the cloud altogether.
Vlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:45 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlash View Post
Thank u Both for the answers, they were very good, however I think that because of This issue with the plugin i'll drop the cloud altogether.
That's what I did. I wanted page numbers more than the cloud and the syncing. Now I sideload all my books from Calibre.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2018, 09:26 AM   #6
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Yes, page count and cover thumbnails (& metadata plugboards) >>>> sync.
Even if a did read on my mobile phone more then 5 times a year I could just read a different book when read something on my mobile :d
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote