Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 12:41 AM   #1
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Thumbs down Kobo loyalty program: lousy selection for annual free bonus book

Kobo, I love you, but you've GOT to up your game on your loyalty program. I pay $10 a year to be a "V.I.P." member, and that's supposed to include one free ebook from a select list, but, come on, how about some decent science fiction, nonfiction, or, y'know, something a grown man might want to read? I mean really:

Browse and choose your free Kobo Super Points eBook
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Kobo, I love you, but you've GOT to up your game on your loyalty program. I pay $10 a year to be a "V.I.P." member, and that's supposed to include one free ebook from a select list, but, come on, how about some decent science fiction, nonfiction, or, y'know, something a grown man might want to read? I mean really:

Browse and choose your free Kobo Super Points eBook
The Night Parade doesn't look too bad--granted, I'm not a man, but I am "grown" and I like science fiction. Or were you talking about "manly" military sci-fi? If so, what about Broken Glass?

Either of those would be appealing to me, but again, I'm not a man. Just a woman who likes Science Fiction (and mysteries, and thrillers, and horror, and biographies, and history, and almost anything else I can read)

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I agree. The selection is rubbish (overall).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
Just joined V.I.P. and I am so glad to discover I'm not the only one with this problem. For awhile there I thought I was being too picky, don't suppose there's any hope they'll add more to the pool before my coupon expires?
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:21 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And just how does Kobo think that mostly romance books is a good idea?
Advert
Old 11-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Apparently romance readers are the biggest majority of e readers.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Apparently romance readers are the biggest majority of e readers.
So why do I have to suffer because there are too many bored housewives?
Old 11-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You think only bored housewives read romance? You are seriously wrong. All kinds of women read romance. I belong to a book club of 5000 women and majority of them are professionals, some are single and some are married.
Some are are retired and some are homemakers. Not bored just like you we enjoy reading but we enjoy reading books with a happily ever after. There's too much ugly in the real world and romance where it always has a happy ending is our escape.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I can understand some romance being in the selection. But I cannot understand it being mostly romance.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You think only bored housewives read romance? You are seriously wrong. All kinds of women read romance. I belong to a book club of 5000 women and majority of them are professionals, some are single and some are married.
Some are are retired and some are homemakers. Not bored just like you we enjoy reading but we enjoy reading books with a happily ever after. There's too much ugly in the real world and romance where it always has a happy ending is our escape.

Sent from my XT1528
i completely agree. a well written happy ever after feel good book always puts a on my face.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So why do I have to suffer because there are too many bored housewives?
Because it is your fault we are bored. You and you alone are solely responsible for housewives being bored.

*PS: I happen to be a domestic engineer and have never been bored.
Well I take that back, but the bored had nothing to do with the house or being a wife.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #12
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
That reminds me that I haven't gotten around to picking out my free book (picked up a VIP membership on sale a few weeks back.)

If I didn't own it already the Estep book would've been perfect...
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Hmmm... because like dead tree books, romance ebooks are the best selling genre?

Not my personal cuppa tea but the wife reads them voraciously.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #14
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmmm... because like dead tree books, romance ebooks are the best selling genre?

Not my personal cuppa tea but the wife reads them voraciously.
No comment.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I can understand some romance being in the selection. But I cannot understand it being mostly romance.
Sometimes, it's hard to tell the difference. Do I classify Bujold's Vorkosigan series as SF or romance? Especially A Civil Campaign: A Comedy of Biology and Manners. Ditto for quite a few other of her books such as Freefall. Even going back quite a few years, Andre Norton's Witch World series comes to mind. Or E. E. "Doc" Smith's books such as the Skylark of Space series.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote