Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: How many do you go to bed with?
None. Bed is for sleeping. And stuff. 5 10.20%
One. Bed is for reading. 14 28.57%
Two. I like to read and to keep up with things. 16 32.65%
Three. Every device has its particular task. 6 12.24%
Four or five. Yeah, it's a little excessive, but why not? 3 6.12%
Six or more. What with the gadgets and the pets, there's not much room for me. 4 8.16%
The spousal unit is threatening divorce. 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
How many do you go to bed with?

Devices, what did you think I meant? This is a gadget forum.

A post I read this morning made me half snicker, half cringe with fellow feeling. I admit it, I go to bed with a lot of devices. Is this typical of the people here?

Poll coming. Elaborate at will, or not.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
spindlegirl
I love my Kindle
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (main), Moto X Play, Samsung Tablet
Kindle, phone, tablet. I break all the rules about devices at bedtime.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:26 AM   #3
dublincheri
Connoisseur
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Kindle, phone, tablet. I break all the rules about devices at bedtime.
Same. Occasionally the tablet might stay downstairs but at the very least phone and Kindle in case I can't sleep and don't want to get up yet.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #4
5thWiggleWife
Lady Baltimore, Juneau
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Two, but not exactly by choice.

I have my iPad for reading and my work smartphone stays on the bedside table.

Theoretically when it rings I have to answer and respond to whatever disaster is going on. I should probably turn up the ringer.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
not sure, There is my phone, Small Tablet(7"), and my big Tablet(10"). and from last week there is the bluetooth controller that's always on my bedside table. So either 3 or 4
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
Deskisamess
Addict
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, iPhone 7+, iPad mini, iPad Pro 12.9", KOA2
iPhone, iPad mini, and KO2

The phone because it is my alarm, and the phone that family members are told to call in case of an emergency.

The mini because I play solitaire for a bit before I read, on solitairenetwork.com, a site with 40+ variations of the game and no ads.

The Kindle because I always read at least an hour before I go to sleep.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #7
Hemmi
Wizard
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1,T2,T3, 950,900,700,650,350, Nook HD,HD+, STGlowlight, KoboMini
I do a lot of lounging and reading on my bed but when I actually climb into bed to go to sleep, I have no devices with me.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML
Three, typically. A laptop and a phone on the bedside and a darn Kobo staring at me for few hours until I sleep (mostly) with my glasses on.

Fortunately no danger of spousal divorce threat because wife also sticks to her tablet watching videos before sleep.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #9
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
Oy. I had hoped I wasn't an outlier but I am, at least so far.

It's a little fluid for me. First, a small tablet and an eink reader live in my bed permanently. I wouldn't want to have a gadget emergency in the middle of the night, after all.

Then it's a question of what I bring to bed with me and that can change. I always bring an unactivated phone with a current audiobook on it. And then I might or might not carry along another ereader (with different books). I usually bring my Nexus 7, even though it's redundant, just because it's such a handy size. I don't have my phone with me, though. So, four or five usually, but it might be as few as three.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #10
ekbell
Addict
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My iPod touch for music to fall asleep to and morning alarm (plus a bit of reading) sometimes my tablet for books that need more screen space.

My husband will have his blackberry and often his kobo on his side of the bed.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #11
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD + Ultra, Kobo Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I usually go to bed with my Pocketbook Touch HD, my dedicated night-time reader, as it has the best low light performance of my 4 devices. I can turn the light down really low and still have good contrast to read. It also shows me the time in the status bar of CoolReader, so I can keep track and see when I should turn it off to get enough sleep.

Currently, I can't lie on my side anymore because my neck hurts, so I've been falling asleep without reading. It wasn't that hard and I must say I slept longer.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
My solitaire game (hand held) and my phone. (Landline). Now the tablets sometimes go with us on weekends for a slots game we are playing.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Usually my Kindle Paperwhite is on the bedside table when I go to sleep.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #14
milady133
Connoisseur
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The multi-charger is on my bedside table, so my answer is usually 3: phone and tablet charging, and my eReader on the bed (I read on my side, until I fall asleep). Then sometimes my secondary eReader (the one I take everywhere outside) and my now defunct Samsung Note 8 (the old tablet, not the new phone, it was the perfect size for note-taking, sadly Samsung hasn't made a new one on that convenient size) join the charging group.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:11 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I voted "two," but one of those is an Echo Dot that should probably count as more than just one gadget.

The other is a tablet.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-07-2017 at 02:48 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote