Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
disconnected
Addict
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O2; Nook Glowlight 3; Oasis; Glo HD; Aura; iPAQ 4700(retired)
2017 Oasis page numbers?

Is there a way to get page numbers on the 2017 Oasis?

I sideload all of my books from Calibre. If I load the same books onto my 2016 Oasis and 2017 Oasis, the ones on the older Oasis have page numbers but the ones on the new one do not.

I don't remember ever having to do anything in particular to get them. Is it possibly the firmware version that's changed something? I keep wifi off so the older Oasis is still on version 5.81 while the new one has 5.9.2.

I wish I could combine my favorite hardware and software features from multiple Kobos and Kindles. Everything I want exists on one model or another but no one model has everything.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All my KO2 books are sideloaded from Calibre, and I see pages numbers as an option just as I did on my Voyage.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
disconnected
Addict
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I must have messed up a setting somewhere but I can't think where.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:57 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Did you tap the bottom left hand corner of the screen?
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #5
disconnected
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
Did you tap the bottom left hand corner of the screen?
Yes, thanks. It wasn't in the cycle. It was also grayed out on the reading progress settings screen.

However, all is ok now. I wish I knew why.

Ignoring the adage that stupidity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results, I loaded on two more books (having changed nothing in the meantime). The two newly added books had page numbers but the previously loaded books remained pageless.

I removed all of the previously loaded books and reloaded them and they now have page numbers. I have no explanation other than gremlins.
Advert