Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 10:54 PM   #1
RobertJSawyer
Addict
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD and Aura; Kindle PaperWhite
Oasis inverse-video mode

Would somebody please post a photo or screen capture of the new Oasis screen in inverted (reverse-video / night mode)? That mode is available under the Accessibility menu, I believe.

I'm a Kobo diehard because all models of Kobo have that ability (with an easy hack) and I'm extremely light-sensitive, but if I can get that on the new Kindle Oasis, it might be time to switch!

Many thanks!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Addict
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, iPhone 7+, iPad mini, iPad Pro 12.9", KOA2
Here ya go...ignore the foggy look, it’s a reflection and not what the screen looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50551B76-F322-4E8A-A9D2-771A0F3CC820.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	758.2 KB
ID:	159759  
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:12 PM   #3
RobertJSawyer
Addict
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you so much! GORGEOUS!
Old 11-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #4
varioflux
Sâr Rabindranath Duval
varioflux began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kobo [Aura H2O] & Oasis 2
I also used the kobo for the same reason, and I chose the oasis for the same reason ... It is great, better than the kobo and infinitely more responsive to use, it is without comparison!
varioflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
I posted a couple of pictures yesterday. See them here.

Random thought... this thread reminds me. I need to put Far Seer on the Kindle as it's one of the books I like to keep handy at all times. The cloud is a handy thing, but I keep a core list of favorites in local storage just in case something really goes wrong.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #6
TimeEffect
Connoisseur
TimeEffect began at the beginning.

Device: Glo
I am hoping and praying for this to come to Voyage. Dont want to have to upgrade to an Oasis just for inverted ink as I very much would like a less harsh light when reading at night
TimeEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #7
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle PW2 and Voyage; Kobo Aura HD and One
I think I remember reading somewhere that the inverted type would only work with the newest kindle format (KFX). Am I correct in remembering this, or will it work with AZW3 files as well?
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #8
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
It works for sideloaded books. The home screen is inverted as well.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:36 PM   #9
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle PW2 and Voyage; Kobo Aura HD and One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
It works for sideloaded books. The home screen is inverted as well.
Thanks! Good to know--makes me a small step closer to deciding to purchase one!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:19 PM   #10
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, Fire HD8 (2017)
This is framed as an Accessibility feature (for people with more than average light sensitivity). It is akin to ‘Invert Colors’ which is an Accessibility feature found on tablets. So it affects the entire interface as distinct from a theme which only changes text/background colors in reading mode.

But I think this is going to be a KO2 exclusive until they come out with newer Kindles with the same chipset. If it was only software they could have updated at least some previous Kindles.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:18 AM   #11
RobertJSawyer
Addict

Thank you so much, Buran, for the photos in the linked message and for the kind words about my novel Far-Seer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
I posted a couple of pictures yesterday. See them here.

Random thought... this thread reminds me. I need to put Far Seer on the Kindle as it's one of the books I like to keep handy at all times. The cloud is a handy thing, but I keep a core list of favorites in local storage just in case something really goes wrong.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #12
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Oasis inverse-video mode

Here's a closeup.

I have to raise the brightness setting from what works for normal mode if I invert anywhere other than in a very dark room.

For some reason, my setting to justify the text doesn't work here. Oh well...

(Went back and added as attachment this time)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2f7be7454474a28bdf8e38fcce9b920b.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	159955  

Last edited by issybird; 11-11-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #13
RobertJSawyer
Addict

Thank you, Buran!

As for the justification setting, I'll look into that.

All best wishes!
Old 11-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #14
JFHey
Enthusiast
JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: KT, PW2 with special glowing pixels
Buran, I can't see the picture you posted.

I'm super curious how inverted colors holds up to the blue filter of Aura One et al.

Which is easier on the eyes for night time reading?
JFHey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote