Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
pele_cat
pele_cat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Downloading books onto new Oasis

Hi all,

I got my new oasis this morning, yay! However, I'm having issues downloading my books from amazon (not started on non-amazon calibre stuff yet). Many of the downloads have completed as I can read the book but do not have a visible cover OR have a percentage in the top right hand corner of the cover as if it has not finished downloading. Have tried deleting books and redownloading but doesn't help. Have installed update and restarted twice, to no avail. Any tips??

x
pele_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #2
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele_cat View Post
Hi all,

I got my new oasis this morning, yay! However, I'm having issues downloading my books from amazon (not started on non-amazon calibre stuff yet). Many of the downloads have completed as I can read the book but do not have a visible cover OR have a percentage in the top right hand corner of the cover as if it has not finished downloading. Have tried deleting books and redownloading but doesn't help. Have installed update and restarted twice, to no avail. Any tips??

x
Have you contacted Amazon support?
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
pele_cat

No I haven't, I'll do that now. Just thought others might be having the same issues...
Old 11-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you updated to firmware 5.9.2 in case that fixes the problem?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
pele_cat

Yes I'd updated the firmware. Amazon just taking me through a factory reset now...
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #6
pele_cat

So all amazon really did was a factory reset - the covers are all downloading now but some of them still have a percentage sign at the top right (e.g. 1%, 0%, 70%) even though the book appears to have downloaded fine. Amazon did not seem concerned about this and says it should resolve in time?!
Old 11-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #7
pele_cat

actually, the covers are not all downloading.... ARGH!
Old 11-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Sony T3, Oasis 2
I've a few books on mine without proper covers so I pop on to calibre and pick one!
oldhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #9
pele_cat

I feel like we shouldn't have to do that though? Amazon seem to be fixing it now though by "updating the content on my account" then I delete the books and redownload...
Old 11-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #10
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
I feel like we shouldn't have to do that though? Amazon seem to be fixing it now though by "updating the content on my account" then I delete the books and redownload...
You may want to reboot your router in case your wifi is wonky.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:17 AM   #11
pele_cat

I think amazon have fixed it by updating my content. Turns out the percentage sign was actually how far through the book I am, not the download progress... how embarrassing!!!!
Old 11-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #12
pele_cat

nope loads of covers still missing. I give up for today!
Old 11-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #13
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
nope loads of covers still missing. I give up for today!
I've had a few problems with covers not downloading. I've done a few restarts, but the best solution is just to leave it, on recharge, if the battery is a bit low, and the covers download okay later on.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #14
pele_cat

Ok thanks John, I’ll try and be patient and leave him to charge for a while! Fingers crossed it fixes itself as I love my book covers!
Old 11-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Amazon is having issues with Overdrive and Kindle Unlimited. Maybe this is just another problem Amazon is having.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote