Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
BarbaPeru
BarbaPeru began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle WhitePaper
High quality pdf

Hallo, I buy several ebooks from HumbleBundle (DRM free, cheap and you do charity a the same time). They give me both normal/low quality pdf (due to google reading limit of 100mb) and high quality pdf, I download both of them and then import in Calibre, but Calibre imports only one of them (normally the low quality, but I suppose it imports the high quality and then overwrite it with the low quality even if the have different filename). How can I mantain both of them?

Thanks, Pietro.
PS: really a nice software, I supported it a couple of years ago and it worth every penny.
BarbaPeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can only have one file for a given format for a particular book, so you'll need to create separate library entries for the different qualities, and give them different names.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can only have one file for a given format for a particular book, so you'll need to create separate library entries for the different qualities, and give them different names.
correct

@OP - by "names", HarryT is referring to the book's title, as listed in calibre. Simply import one of the pair, say the high quality, and then edit "title" and append some additional text, such as "HQ". Now, when you import to other, calibre will enter it as a different book leaving you with two listing, one for each.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote