Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-26-2017, 06:24 AM   #1
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
[GUIDE] N96 models & Note

Hi! Due there is 5 versions of N96 and it's a little eas to misunderstood, I made a image to help clarify and also don't have to answer many times tes question.

Important to say that regal refresh function only woks with Neoreader, but, as a user said here, maybe other apps can be patched.

The only differences between any N96 and the Note are in the sceen: 0'5" bigger screen, a flexible(Mobius) screen and a much better resolution, 1404x1872, achieving 300dpi. Even android version will be the same, and who knows about the future (I emailed onyx people and said this to me"

Hope someone find this usefull ;
(Dr Drib , I didn't find the image rules. Don't ban me if he image is to big jaja)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N96F2.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	158095  
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I don't ban members who violate our Posting Guidelines for image size.

Rather, I ban spammers who spam our site.

A link to our Posting Guidelines is located at the bottom of every page. Merely click on the link and go to the sub-heading on images and avatars.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #3
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
regal refresh function only woks with Neoreader
Are you sure? In several (not all) other apps, I cannot get the classic ghosting I am used to if I do not smudge the screen with graphite.

...May you never know the consequences of summoning the Overlord in vain...
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Quote:
Are you sure? In several (not all) other apps, I cannot get the classic ghosting I am used to if I do not smudge the screen with graphite.
Not really. I thought I read it in someplace, but not sure. So you see an improvement in ghosting with many apps? Which model do you have?

Does anyone know about the refresh rate or how mobius work with the eink??
Old 08-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #5
eReader fan
Addict

I am talking with Onyx boox people to buy the N96ML+ (Carta) version. They have it developed and assembled but still they don't have putted to sell yet anywhere. It's a little unconfortable due their easy missunderstanding of english. I am going to buy the N96ML+ because I don't want to wait to the e-Note!! And the new version f the N96 is smoother than old one, so it's fine.

Here is a video of the different models of Onyx and the regal function. If it works the same fine way in all apps and situation it will be my savoir in the VNC scenario. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CF1RZ-UVCA
Advert
Old 09-15-2017, 02:34 AM   #6
eReader fan
Addict

Just made a video reviewing the N96ML+. In the last mimnutes I show you the second monitor capabilities and also the video ones.

Link: https://youtu.be/9icr_Qx9HCo
Old 09-15-2017, 05:04 AM   #7
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Just made a video reviewing the N96ML+. In the last mimnutes I show you the second monitor capabilities and also the video ones.

Link: https://youtu.be/9icr_Qx9HCo
The video VNC is impressive... it is using grayscale, not A2, right?
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #8
eReader fan
Addict

Neither of them. In Raspbian, the linux for the Raspberry pi I use, its not possivle to set the color to greyscale, so its a normal Vnc connection. But fue the small processor of the eReader, we must set a low resolution of 800x600.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #9
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Neither of them. In Raspbian, the linux for the Raspberry pi I use, its not possivle to set the color to greyscale, so its a normal Vnc connection. But fue the small processor of the eReader, we must set a low resolution of 800x600.
I'm sorry. I wrote VNC instead VLC. I was asking about the VLC video.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #10
edgex004
edgex004 began at the beginning.

Device: E-ink tablet
Any chance you could test out a 3rd party drawing app, such as Autodesk sketchbook? I am interested to see how having A2 mode and regal refresh helps with display lag, which seemed to be quite long on the pearl version. I'm also interested in pen accuracy as well as how well such apps work without multi-touch. Besides the slow processor and lack of support for installing linux, the N96ML+ checks all the boxes I've been hoping for in a tablet.

I'm also waiting to find out when the lighter version of the N96 line will be available. I thought September was the target...

Edit: Also the table in the original post seems wrong. I don't think the N96ML+ has capacitive touch, but rather EMR.

Last edited by edgex004; 09-16-2017 at 02:53 PM.
edgex004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:12 AM   #11
eReader fan
Addict

@edgex004 , Yes I could test it without. I will try the one you mentioned, and if you want another to test send me an MP and will do. Then I will post the results.

It's strange the table is wrong, because I made it following the info Onyx gived to me, but for the same reason, it's probably. I will check it...

@fbrzvnrnd , The answer is the same as for the VNC. A2 mode and AFAIK is not possible to set grayscale in linux.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM   #12
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
@fbrzvnrnd , The answer is the same as for the VNC. A2 mode and AFAIK is not possible to set grayscale in linux.
I do not understand: the VLC I see in video is an Android App, not a linux one...

Fabrizio
Old 10-03-2017, 05:20 PM   #13
eReader fan
Addict

@fbrzvnrnd You are right, I mixed things. I recommend BSplayer instead of VLC, as it seems to me to be less resources consumption. To play videos I have to encode everything I want to see there. I encode video to 840x480 and the audio to mp3 on mp4 format. I am experimenting now with the ogg format due I have some flow problems with some black and white movies. The video you saw in the review is from a color episode of Adventure time

@edgex004 I tested Autodesk Sketchbook and Medipaint. Both had installed well, but there is some lag, just a little, but is there. Also, I have to point is a little messy, even outside the draw apps. Probably it would be fixed if another stylus is bougth, and also I think it will work better with the simple stylus from M96. Sadly I sold it and I can't test it.