Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle shows blank page when using page flip

My kindle app for iPad doesn't seem to work properly. When I bring page flip to jump to a particular page, the page is just a blank white page. I need to switch to the library page and reload the book from there. It happens randomly about 1 out of 10 occasions and happens with all books. I have kindle app with the latest update ver 5.12.1 released July 12, 2017 and iOS 10.3.2

I have deregistered, uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times to no avail.

Does anyone know how to fix it?
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:28 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I have never seen that. Which iPad model do you have? I have Air 2/128.

And I assume the Page Flip UI shows up, just with blank page 'frames'? What happens if you toggle to page thumbnail mode and back? I guess we could also ask what View options (font, size, theme etc) you use also.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2017, 03:10 AM   #3
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I have never seen that. Which iPad model do you have? I have Air 2/128.

And I assume the Page Flip UI shows up, just with blank page 'frames'? What happens if you toggle to page thumbnail mode and back? I guess we could also ask what View options (font, size, theme etc) you use also.
I have iPad Pro 12.9 second gen. I could see the frame but when I bring it up to full screen, it just shows me a blank page. If I toggle between thumbnail mode and frame, I could see it too but not when I bring it back to full screen.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok that is strange. In addition to uninstall / reinstall I assume you have removed it from task switcher list (to force clean startup). Else it sounds like a Bug, and I would contract Amazon about this (use Contact Us in the app).
Old 07-27-2017, 11:11 PM   #5
Julius Caesar
Addict

I already contacted Amazon and they said they are still working on my issue. Tomorrow will be two weeks since I reported the problem. I already updated to the latest version released just two or three days ago to no avail.

So, here's my question. If I take a nuclear option and reset all contents and settings of the whole iPad and then only reinstall Kindle app to the exclusion of any other app, would it make any difference? Could it be a conflict between Kindle app and another app that I am not aware of? I thought each app for iOS is supposed to be isolated from one another so resetting the whole iPad wouldn't make any difference.
Advert
Old 07-29-2017, 11:58 PM   #6
Julius Caesar
Addict

I have uploaded a YouTube video to show you exactly what the problem looks like
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HuzBivogM

Has anyone seen anything like this?
Old 08-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
I have uploaded a YouTube video to show you exactly what the problem looks like
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HuzBivogM

Has anyone seen anything like this?
That is very odd. Can you highlight 'invisible' words on the blank screen? If you start Speak Screen (enable in Accessibility settings), does it read text on the blank screen? How does it behave in Landscape+2 column mode?

There's a new update (yesterday I think). Hope it helps.

It has probably been there awhile (maybe since the 'left justify' updates?) but they've finally added pop up footnotes (to Fire and Android apps too). Nice to see it.

(This thread probably belongs in the Apple forum as these things are generally managed.)
Old 08-01-2017, 11:33 PM   #8
Julius Caesar
Addict

Yes, I can highlight invisible words on the blank screen and it reads on the blank screen. It behaves exactly the same way in landscape 1 or 2 column mode. I even tried to change to read with white fonts on black background. Same problem

I have updated to the latest version at the time of this writing 5.13.1
I intentionally posted it at the kindle forum since the iPad forum in this site seems not to be very busy.

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 08-01-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:35 AM   #9
Julius Caesar
Addict

I got a phone call from Amazon. They said they have seen the video but it is going to take a few weeks to release a patch to fix my problem
To their credit, one of the representatives has been pretty good with keeping me updated. He is going to update me once per week from now on.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Are you a majority shareholder of Amazon stock?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
I got a phone call from Amazon. They said they have seen the video but it is going to take a few weeks to release a patch to fix my problem
To their credit, one of the representatives has been pretty good with keeping me updated. He is going to update me once per week from now on.
Why the "angry" emoji? That seems like an excellent response to me. Development needs to be scheduled, tested, released, etc etc. Were you really expecting an instant fix?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #12
hajali
hajali began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire 8
same issue here with the dreaded page flip

i have the same problem exactly

can i disable page flip?
or is there a way to prevent it from happening
hajali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #13
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajali View Post
i have the same problem exactly

can i disable page flip?
or is there a way to prevent it from happening
Just don't use the feature? I never do.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote