Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 05:02 AM   #1
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Migrating from one Kobo erader to another

Hi
For years now I've been using Kobo Glo, solely with epubs purchased outside of kobo store and converted to kepubs with Calibre on the fly. Now I have also Aura H2O which I want to become my primary ereader. So I was wondering, is it possible to migrate all the data from Glo to H2O? Ebooks (I think) I can just copy simply. I'm mostly interested in everything related to library - metadata (maybe I could avoid this way long processing stage?), stats, reading progress, notes, highlights, etc. Is it doable? Which parts of database I should copy? Will it work?
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes it's been done, and discussed here. The last time was here. The details in that post are basic but cover the main points. From memory, the older posts have more details. A search should find them.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-13-2017 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Fixed link.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2017, 06:51 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Since you are using Calibre, then simply connect and transfer to device.
Calibre lets me chop & change between Kindle and Kobo and convert azw or mobi to epub. I found that gutenberg epubs less compatible in formatting than the mobi downloads (needed for Kindle anyway) than ePub from Mobi done by Calibre.

Always have non-ebook backups of every ebook, ESPECIALLY bought ones, and backup Calibre. I also had no problem migrating from Windows Calibre to Linux Calibre (but use version from website, not distro).

Calibre maintains covers and all metadata anyway, more than Kobo displayed till recently.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:08 AM   #4
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes it's been done, and discussed here. The last time was here. The details in that post are basic but cover the main points. From memory, the older posts have more details. A search should find them.
Are you sure that this is the correct link you wanted to post? It's something about Kindle, not Kobo I searched again, after your post and found some messages. Don't know why I haven't found them previously
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
Are you sure that this is the correct link you wanted to post? It's something about Kindle, not Kobo I searched again, after your post and found some messages. Don't know why I haven't found them previously
I used a "post" link when I meant a "thread" link. Fixed it. And glad you found the other threads.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert