Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
gebederry
gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gebederry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite , Voyage
Wink Leaked spy shot of all new kindle 2017

Hi all,

https://puu.sh/vndhf/76c5a13db2.jpg

Only one pic leaked from a retailer in China, perhaps we can name it Paperwhite 4 or simplified Voyage. CPU still not upgraded, same flash storage as previous gen, same 300 ppi, Waterproofing. that's all, a very uninspired mid-market product. And kindle voyage & oasis would be suspended production, there will be 2 new models in 2018, 6 inch & 7 inch devices at high-end market.

Thanks for reading my post full of weird grammar sentences, Im sorry, english is not my native lang, hope you guys could understand it XDD
Heres original thread in chinese if you are interested in it.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5077374574
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5075781618
The source thread was removed, fortunately I made a copy for that(in chinese).
Spoiler:
各位期待新品(KV简化版KPW4)还有几个月就要和大家见面了。上一张抹去LOGO的虚化图(KPW4) ,高清图请去我的地盘看(戳我名字或签名左上角)
首先澄清并且击破置顶贴的XXXXX即将下架的传言,据本人所知,KINDLE OASIS的确老郭家收线了,不是因为别的产品不好,是因为卖的有些贵,产品性能和KV这一款重叠了。KV 虽然说是14年旗舰,但是配置依然是顶尖水准的,至于谣言中的KO下一代,咱们期待明年和它见面吧。明年我 们会看到2款不同尺寸的Kindle高端设备,均为金属材质还有优秀的防水功能。
好 言归正传回到今年下半年的主角上面来,以往的KPW系列产品都沿袭了初代的设计,正是这臃肿的外观设计,导 致我使用半个月的KPW2转而投向外形特别又小巧的KV上来,KV已经在我手上使用了2年,我仍然喜欢它的 外形,可能它是KINDLE家族里面最漂亮的一款吧。17年下半年即将上市的新款,是KPW4,不是KV2 代,KINDLE VOYAGE可能不会再有下一代了,取代它地位的将是全新的KPW4,我也称它为KV简化版,这款设备的长 度仅仅比KV长了0.5厘米,宽度和厚度基本和KV一致,拥有一块塑料材质的纯平前面板,具有防水功能。屏 幕仍然采用的是300PPI 6寸的屏幕和前款一样,内存CPU都没有进行升级,新一代的KPW系列或许会有品控上的问题,据我所知,老 郭家部门关闭已不为其代工了,为其代工是江苏的一家新工厂,新一代的KPW系列很有可能有轻微的阴阳屏,希 望这几个月能够克服这个许多用户都比较关注的问题。还有背面外观我就不透露了。留给大家一个期 待吧。
最后说一下售价和战略分布,目前国产的几个牌子新一代的机型由于电子器件的上涨,售价均已达到1100~1 200左右,新一代的KPW系列很有可能定价在1200左右。和KV价位重叠,为了不影响KPW4的销量。 KV因此会下架停止销售,未来的产品战略是2016款的入门级(NK),2017款的中端级(新款KPW4 ),和2018款的高端机(2种尺寸6和7寸)。KV和KO因此可能在明年上半年退出历史舞台 。好了 我就说这么多了。给所有喜欢阅读的朋友宣扬一句:“产品不是最重要的,热爱阅读才是最重要的。”

P.S. 'Paperwhite 4' would be probably available during the 2nd half of the year.

Last edited by gebederry; 04-18-2017 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Add a copy of source.
gebederry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
If true, I would be interested in it, due to the waterproofing. And that looks like the flush bezel of the Voyage. I want it.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-17-2017 at 01:16 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I wish they'd do a world-wide release of the 32GB Voyage that's sold in Japan. That's probably the only thing that would make me upgrade.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
What does suspended production mean? Stop making? I always get the hives at the thought of not having access to a kindle with buttons. As buttons are an absolute must for me.

I am getting tired of wondering every 2 years if I'll have a device left I can read on. Those that don't mind all touch screen never have to worry about that. I do. I just want to know I can continue reading books into the future until the end. Whichever end that might be, mine or otherwise.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:50 PM   #5
TimeEffect
Connoisseur
TimeEffect began at the beginning.

Device: Glo
When is this expected?

Hopefully the trade in value is good enough that I can upgrade. Dont care about waterproofing as much as I care about fixing the annoying gradient.
TimeEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeEffect View Post
When is this expected?
Time frames for the rumor were in the first post. (2nd half 2017 for new PaperWhite and 2018 for two other new models.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
What does suspended production mean? Stop making? I always get the hives at the thought of not having access to a kindle with buttons. As buttons are an absolute must for me.

I am getting tired of wondering every 2 years if I'll have a device left I can read on. Those that don't mind all touch screen never have to worry about that. I do. I just want to know I can continue reading books into the future until the end. Whichever end that might be, mine or otherwise.
You require buttons for page turning?

Do you know about KindleLazy?
(External, wireless, page turning)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=278776

There is also another one, using a (wired? wireless? Don't remember) mouse for page turning.

Does it have to be a lighted screen?
If not, we have had speaker independent, voice recognition, control for the K5 (last model with a microphone) for years.

That is, you don't have to depend on the whims of Amazon.

Last edited by knc1; 04-17-2017 at 10:50 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:04 AM   #8
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Not sure what the blue blobs are hiding except the one hiding the Kindle logo. Anyone care to speculate?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:27 AM   #9
U2Bono269
Connoisseur
U2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad Air 2
Are the voyage and oasis that shiny? Because if so, it's a hard pass on all of them.
U2Bono269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Bono269 View Post
Are the voyage and oasis that shiny? Because if so, it's a hard pass on all of them.
I think it has a piece of plastic covering it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:00 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Bono269 View Post
The Voyage is reflective if you look at it obliquely, but not "face on", when you're reading on it. Remember it's metal, not plastic like the PW.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #12
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
If true, I would be interested in it, due to the waterproofing. And that looks like the flush bezel of the Voyage. I want it.
I'd be interested too.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #13
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
Not sure what the blue blobs are hiding except the one hiding the Kindle logo. Anyone care to speculate?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Received by my Linux PC using a whole bunch of things.

Prerelease "evaluation and test" devices (any manufacturer) are very often marked as such and include identifying information.
The blobs are a CMA exercise.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:39 AM   #14
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I wish they'd do a world-wide release of the 32GB Voyage that's sold in Japan. That's probably the only thing that would make me upgrade.
You mean the Paperwhite (manga model), right? The Voyage sold in Japan has the same capacity as the one sold in other countries.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:54 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
You mean the Paperwhite (manga model), right? The Voyage sold in Japan has the same capacity as the one sold in other countries.
Apologies - I was getting mixed up. You are of course correct.