Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
Cjammi
Cjammi began at the beginning.

Device: calibre on pc
Make annotations and highlights

Hello everyone
I use caliber 2.79 FRANCAIS on pc win7 / 64 (without reader - only with its viewers)
I come to you because it is not very easy to do research in French.
Would you know a plugins that works well and that would serve (but maybe it does need several) to highlight some of the text with different colors
As well as adding annotations that we hit on the keyboard
Thank you in advance for your help
Cjammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Cjammi - What formats do you want to read - EPUB, PDF, others ?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2017, 01:35 AM   #3
Cjammi

@BetterRed - Hello,

My request concerns the Epub, forgive for not having specified it, because when I read the PDF I do this (annotation and highlighting, however I avoid because Adobe Reader IX PRO has too much disadvantage, so it is a Format that I avoid and I try to have all my libraries in Epub)

I find the Calibre-viewer much more ergonomic

See you soon - Cjammi
Old 03-07-2017, 02:11 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjammi View Post
@BetterRed - Hello,

My request concerns the Epub, forgive for not having specified it, because when I read the PDF I do this (annotation and highlighting, however I avoid because Adobe Reader IX PRO has too much disadvantage, so it is a Format that I avoid and I try to have all my libraries in Epub)

I find the Calibre-viewer much more ergonomic

See you soon - Cjammi
@Cjammi - I can't recommend any ePub Viewer that annotates and highlights that runs on a Windows PC, the ones I've tried are terrible, and the ones on Android aren't much better.

There is a new calibre viewer under development, I don't know if it will annotate and highlight, nor when it will be released.

I suggest you create a post in the EPUB forum asking if anyone can recommend an ePub reader for PC that can annotate and highlight ==>> EPUB Forum

For PDF try PDF-XChange Viewer, its not as 'heavy' as Acrobat. Here you see it's highlight/annotate tools :

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	155502

BR
Old 03-07-2017, 05:13 AM   #5
Cjammi

@BetterRed well thank you again for all your help

I know only one viewer is the one that is delivered with Caliber. I had not heard of this ongoing development.

Your links also help me because I just registered and I do not know at all what model of forum, I am a little lost and discovers every day.

So I followed your advice and if the subject interests you also it is there:
Https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...34#post3486534

For PDF, I also had PDF-XChange Viewer PRO version 2.5.201, but naively I had not considered that it had these possibilities and could work with Caliber. Moreover all my text books are in Epub and only books with illustrations are in PDF.
It is really great And I had never clicked on his shortcuts !!!(Blinded by Adobe)

I think it is easy to transform the Epub into PDF with Caliber, I will try it, meanwhile,

Thanks to you I have changed on my machine the priority of the PDF and give it to XChange!

I wanted to tell you that I understand your English much better than when I exchange (about computer and internet programming) with Americans, although often belonging to technical-commercial services of big companies, I imagine your English Is more the one I learned at the French High School?

Thanks again BetterRed
Advert
Old 03-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Cjammi - A simple way to convert ePub to PDF is to open the ePub in the viewer and click the Print icon. I doesn't put the PDF in the library, so I put it on the desktop. If I want to keep the PDF in the library I drag/drop it into the Book Details sidebar panel and delete the one on the desktop.

If the PDF from the Viewer Print option isn't good enough, I usually give up on the idea of having a PDF. But if I really wanted one I would convert the ePub to a format that my word processor (MS Word) can read (RTF, DOCX etc) and do whatever is needed in it to produce an acceptable PDF.

Have you seen this forum ==>> Forum Français.

BR