Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
jreade
jreade began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
How to show / share a part of the ebooks?

I want to share, or get access to only a part of my stored books, in other words, I want to keep some of them hidden or not accesible.

I can't find any password, user login or ay other way to do it. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks
jreade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreade View Post
I want to share, or get access to only a part of my stored books, in other words, I want to keep some of them hidden or not accesible.

I can't find any password, user login or ay other way to do it. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks
1) Split your Libraries. Only one is accessible at a time (but you can still send books from the Active one to the other)
2)run the standalone Content server against the 'non-hidden' ( --with Library)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreade View Post

Thanks
Use the Calibre Content Server, see Preferences->Sharing over the 'net. You can restrict access via a Virtual Library. It has provision for passwords - I've not used that feature so that's as much as know.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Use the Calibre Content Server, see Preferences->Sharing over the 'net. You can restrict access via a Virtual Library. It has provision for passwords - I've not used that feature so that's as much as know.

BR
BR
Some devices have problems with the Content server Password protocol

(there is a note on the CS Dialog box)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote